Chapter 3: Murder

The walk to school was quite far.  Night had fallen fast upon the land. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all color had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon.  Breaking into the school playground was easy. There was no security. Just a fence with a lock that could easily be climbed over. Vermon read her watch. 8:21 PM. Vermon ran to the spot where she spoke with the dead old man. She took off her gloves and felt around the cold grass. Her flashlight dimmed and Vermon hoped it wouldn't die now. She could see the air from her breath around the light of the flashlight.

Almost giving up, she finally felt a tingle through her hand and around her eyes. She chuckled. A gust of wind flew through her hair causing her to shiver. "Right on time," the old man's voice said. Sure enough, her watch read 8:45.

Vermon nodded, looking at the ground. "Now what?"

"Pepper, Piper, and Lin. Do you know them?"

"No."

"Do you know Mr. Wilson?"

"The old principal?"

"There you go."

"They say he retired then left the country."

"They said that last year. I didn't go missing. Piper, Pepper, and Lin killed me. They're murders. I won't rest until they're behind bars."

"Why did they murder you?"

"Because I fired Lin. They're sisters. One of them is your homeroom teacher but you call her Mrs. Braddy."

"Wow," Vermon said. "Why did you want me to come here at 8:45? I thought you wanted to show me something."

"Yes, they're here right now. Inside the school."

"Really?"

"Yes, did you bring a cell phone?"

"I did,"

"Call 911. Call them and tell them what I told you. If they don't believe you, tell them that the 3 sisters are in the building right now. Oh, and the address of the school is 143 NE Indian Creek, 30021."

Vermon took her hands off the cold grass and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She dialed 911. After one ring a woman picked up. "Hello?"

"Hi, my name is Vermon. I'd like to report a murder." she said.