Chapter 20: The Wreck

Vermon began to cry out of fear. She didn't expect for things to turn out like this. Why didn't her mother listen to her? The more she thought about it, the angrier she got and the angrier she got, the more she heard the sounds of laughter coming from behind her. She stopped in her tracks and listened. There was no more laughter, but her eyes felt funny. She rubbed them.

As she stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, people began to look at her. Some dropped their bags and gasped. "What?" Vermon said as people stop to point at her.

"Her eyes..." a young man gasped.

"They're black!" a woman screamed then fainted onto the ground.

"She's no gift!" a man in front of a store holding a butcher knife said. "She's a curse! The graveyard girl is a curse and is here to spread evil."

"No! I'm-" She stopped talking when she saw the butcher man walking towards her with his knife pointing in her direction.

"Get out of this town you smut," He yelled. Other people began walking towards her.

Vermon covered her eyes. "I'm not evil!" she yelled, running across the street to reach the other sidewalk. Only, she didn't pay attention to the cars. A Jeep swerved, out of control, trying to avoid Vermon. Two on-coming cars tried to avoid it - and failed. Both of them hit in a three-way head-on collision. There was an explosion, a ball of flame and a fist of gray smoke. A moment later there was another explosion. Another car that hadn't been paying attention to the accident plowed into the burning wrecks, flipped over and continued, screeching along the runway on it's back before it too burst into flames. Vermon was in the middle of it all.