Chapter 6

My team and I stood in Minato's office waiting for a mission. "Alright Team 7 I have a C-Rank mission for you. I think your team is finally ready." I smirked finally a real mission. "You will be guarding a a bridge builder. Take him to who his home in wave and protect him until the bridge is finished. This could open up trades with Wave." Minato gestured towards an area in the room and an ANBU appeared by his side. "Bring in Tazuna." The door opened and an old man walked in a towel slung across his shoulders and a bottle of saki in his hand. He smelled drunk to say the least and I wrinkled my nose.

"These are the ninja I hired to protect me?" He slurred out and my eye twitched.

"My team is more than capable enough to protect you Tazuna, besides I'm a Jonin so you'll be perfectly safe." Kakashi assured as I tried to keep from attacking the geezer.

"Yes you'll be leaving tomorrow I want you all to stay for the public execution today." Minato told us and Sakura and Sasuke looked shocked while Minato and Kakashi both cast me worried glances as I hung my head my bangs covering both eyes.

"Fine. Just don't waste my time with this." I spoke my voice uncharacteristically cold and cruel. Sasuke and Sakura flinched while Minato and Kakashi looked at me then each other. I raised my head to reveal that my one visible eye had turned red and my pupil was slit. I slowly turned on me heel and silently walked out of the room. So they're finally going to kill him? I smirked at the thought as the darkness in my heart grew even larger.

I stood in the crowd Kakashi and Kushina on either side of me both with their hands on my shoulders. I smiled as I saw Minato standing close to Mizuki, who was kneeling his wrists and ankles bound by rope. There seemed to be some sort of seal on his forehead and he had a cloth tied around his eyes blinding him. I could tell they had tortured him from the bruises and cuts littering his body. He also had a huge gash on his left thigh. "I called you all here today for the execution of Mizuki. He has proven to be traitor due to his actions and the cursed seal we found on him." With those words Minato signaled to the executioner who smirked as he raised a large axe then brought it down swiftly chopping off Mizuki's head. "People of Konohagakure take Mizuki as an example of what we do to those who betray our village and treat others with the utmost disrespect. If you do not wish to have the same fate then go and change your ways!" Minato shouted trying to sound wise. Surprisingly it worked as there were cheers.

"FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!" People shouted and I was confused. What the heck? Four more years? The Hokage stays Hokage until he chooses a successor. This is an anime fanfiction not some real life fanfic.

As the people were dismissed and left I lay in my bed having left after Minato's speech to get some rest. "Tomorrow's a big day for you hmm?" I heard from my door way I turned my head to see Minato and Kushina standing there.

"Oh I'm so excited my baby's first C-Rank!" Kushina gushed and I rolled my eyes.

"Moms." I muttered under my breath and Minato tried, but failed to stifle his laughter.

"What was that?" Kushina asked in a sickly sweet tone and I cursed under my breath. Big mistake. Suddenly a fry pan flew at my head hitting me smack dab in the middle of my forehead. I fell onto my bed my eyes all swirly as I was in a daze. "Was that laughter I heard Minato?" I heard Kushina ask and Minato cursed himself. Suddenly a bookcase was thrown at his head and he just barely managed to duck.

"N-now now Kushi-chan." Minato tried hoping to calm her down. "Lets n-not bother Naru-kun he has a big day tomorrow after all. Plus you injured him so he should be able to rest now." Minato pleaded trying to take the attention off himself. Kushina gasped and gushed over me tucking me into bed like I was 5.

"MINATO! This is all your fault!" Kushina shouted and she grabbed Minato by the ear before dragging him out of my room and shutting the door. All through the night I could hear Minato's girlish screams with a smirk on my face.

"Goodnight Minato." I whispered when the screams finally stopped and I fell asleep.

A/N I know it's short but I broke my phone and just got a new one so I was hoping to be able to update so you guys wouldn't be waiting to long.