Chapter 8

Excruciating pain was all I could feel as I began to black out. My arm severed and laying right beside me, my side bearing a large gash. The sword still lodged inside me, at least it kept the blood in. "How ever will you explain this?" Zabuza taunted as he ripped the sword out of me. I screamed as an intense wave of pain washed over me. I pushed myself up grabbing the bloody stump that was the remains of my arm, and screamed. I looked up casting my eyes over to Kakashi, new vigor seemed to fill him as he attacked Zabuza relentlessly.

"Kaka-Baka." I groaned taking my last breaths, "don't you dare die on me." I grunted before falling over, unconscious.

I awoke again to find I was in a house, one which I was unfamiliar with. I slowly sat up and grabbed my jacket, "how am I supposed to out this on?" I asked myself before sighing and throwing the jacket aside. I heard a scream downstairs and stood up grabbing a kunai with my right hand. "Might as well see what all the commotion is." I sighed and tossed the kunai around before walking downstairs. I stopped dead in the doorway seeing a lady I didn't know being dragged away. A young boy, her son I assume, was struggling as well most likely trying to free her. "Let her go." I walked into the light and raised my kunai, the men turned to me and laughed.

"This one armed brat thinks he can take us on with just a kunai?" They both laughed and I glanced down at my arm. My stump was bandaged, there was also a bandage around my chest an torso the white just barely showing through my mesh shirt. I snarled and crouched down before lunging forward, I flipped the kunai around and dug it into one of their chests. I left the kunai in and straightened myself grabbing his neck I pushed him aside and gingerly grabbed the women from his arms and held her close. Assuring she was alright I placed her behind me and grabbed the man I had pushed earlier. I held him by the collar of his shirt and threw him at his partner.

"Get out of my sight. Or I'll kill you." I glared at them, tossing the kunai around in my hand as I released KI, directed only at them. The man gulped and nodded, grabbing his partner he stood up and fled. "Few. They finally left, anyways could you tell me where my team is?" The woman nodded and explained how they had gone down to the bridge. "Alright. Guess I'll be off! Bye!" I took off, sprinting away from the house and towards the unfinished bridge.

I arrived to se most covering the bridge, the sounds of battle could be heard as I neared. I continued to run into the mist, stopping as I neared what appeared to be a dome of ice. I looked through on of the openings to see Sasuke fighting mirrors made of ice. "What is he doing?" I muttered to myself before walking in to join him. "Sasuke?" He turned around and his eyes widened.

"Naruto? What're you doing here?" He asked and I just stared at him, seriously? He seemed to get what I was asking and explained the situation.

"Okay, so we got fight the mirror man. How hard can it be?" I asked, shrugging. Well it's turned out to be pretty hard, I could hardly do anything with one arm. "Okay let's try the shadow clone jutsu!" I made half of the hand sign, picturing it in my mind. I opened my eyes to see shadow clones surround me. "Alright!" I cheered and we all attacked the ice simultaneously. It failed and I was sent skidding backwards, my clones dispelling. "Damn it!" I cursed and Sasuke narrowed his eyes.

"Hey Naruto, do that again." I nodded and created more clone, once again attacking ice boy and failing. I repeated the process a few times due to Sasuke's request and was starting to feel tired. After the last try I sat on the floor panting. Sasuke launches fire balls at ice boy, one of them searing the ends of his clothes.

"Alright!" I smiled, maybe we could finally kill him! I stood back up but he threw more needles, several of them hit me and I collapsed onto the floor. I looked up to Sasuke still standing, also covered in needles. Then it all seemed to happen so fast, needles where thrown at what appeared to be major points in my body. If one hit I could die. I tried to move, but was to exhausted and gave up. I closed my eyes and waited for impact. When it never came I opened my eyes again to see Sasuke had taken the hit for me. "Why?" I asked, clenching my fists.

"I don't know, my body just moved." He started breathing heavily and collapsed. My eyes widened and I felt rage consuming me. I stood up and orange energy swirled around me body.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" I shouted, and lunged forwards.