11. Where's your house?

I was walking with Mrs. Yamada one evening when suddenly a small cute girl came and asked her, "where's your house?" Mrs. Yamada pointed to her house across the park and said, "that one," and the girl bowed with discipline and thanked her before walking away.

That was very weird but as she was just a small girl, we didn't bother much.

The very next day, I was informed that Mrs. Yamada fell down from stairs and injured her legs very badly.

Few days later, it was when I was coming back from shopping with Mrs. Suzuki when I heard, "where's your house?" from behind. We turned back and the same girl was there, facing Mrs. Suzuki. I felt so creepy and left the place.

The very next day, I got a news that Mrs. Suzuki dropped hot boiling water on her legs and it burned very badly and was taken to the hospital immediately.

I felt as though there was some connection between this small girl and those incidents.

Few days later, I was back from work and was about to enter the house when I heard the girl's voice say, "where's your house?" I turned back to come face to face with that girl. I just ignored her and went in the house.

Sometime later, my husband came home. "I met a weird girl down there. She was asking where I lived," he chuckled in amusement. "Did you tell her?" I asked in worry. "No, I pointed to that phone booth and told her that I lived there," he said and laughed.

I told him about the incidents with the girl but he said I was thinking too much.

The very next day, a truck came crashing down the phone booth.