54. The Disappeared Friend

When I was in elementary school, I used to be bullied. I don't really like to remember about the past, but there is something that bothers me about elementary school time. 

Even though I was bullied, there was a boy, Satoshi who used to be friend with me. I still remember we used to go to the hill behind our school to play. 

As we grew into higher class, bullies got less and I started to get along with others slowly but due to my parents job transfer, I had to change school. When I got into middle school, I got back into the same town I was living in and I was excited to meet Satoshi again after so long. 

But when I started going to the middle school, he was not in the school. May be he transferred too, I thought. I decided to asked about it to the classmates but I got surprising replies. 

No one remembered about Satoshi's existence. More than me, he was more friendly with others, he had more friends than me. But no one remembered him. I asked to see graduation album, but he was nowhere to be seen. Even if he had transferred, someone, at least one person would remember about him...

After thinking so much, I thought what if he didn't exist from the beginning? Did I create him in my head while I was bullied and alone? If so, was I actually playing alone, talking to air?

But he was in same class for whole year and I still clearly remember his face.

It has been several years after graduating middle school but still I have not figured out about Satoshi. If he was really just my imaginary friend, or if he was really there in the class. 

Whichever it is, I wish I could thank him for being there with me at the hardest time.