Chapter Seven

Half a day later and I found myself out of the jungle and on my way to the beginner's town. Why would someone build an arena in that area. Shouldn't it be in a more higher level location. That way they won't get the low level players trying to make a name for themselves.

When I finally arrived, I was amazed at how much the beginner's town has grown. It was at least four times its original size. I guess this game really does allow the diversity of player classes.

I wandered through the city making my way over to the arena. The arena was on the far left side of the city so I had to walk through most of the town to get there.

I was about half way through when I came across four male players surrounding a smaller female player. These four wore what seemed like outlandish equipment giving them a rebellious aura. Shoulder pads with spikes. Mohawks in various colours. Anyone could tell that these guys were up to no good.

I almost decided to walk straight on past like the rest of the people within this section of the town until I noticed who they were ganging up on. RedGlory, the girl who was there when I had my first incident. The girl who stayed by my side when I almost died. She cowered against the walls of a run down building, shivering in fright.

Figuring that I couldn't just leave her be, I decided to help her. As I took my first step the leader of the little group of gangs lifted up a large double sided ax. RedGlory whimpered as she knew what was coming. It is well known that you can't die within the beginner town but you can be hurt.

As it still counts as a battle, regardless if it ends in death, the participants can't log out. This causes some psycological damage to the contestants. Incidents like this makes us appreciate the value of the game itself. To make guilds, and travel in parties. This would limit the individual attacks.

I strengthened my legs and put everything into my speed. I appeared behind the man with the raised axe as lightning bolts shimmered off my body and struck the ground. I grabbed the back of his neck with my left hand and in one fluid motion sent him through a building several blocks down.

The rest of his crew began to take steps back scared of what I might do to them. Typical, once they find someone stronger, all of a sudden they don't want to fight.

"Dark Stroke!" RedGlory half shouted and half sobbed as she crushed me into a hug. She buried her head into the crook of my neck and held on tightly.

I let her have this moment until she calmed down, but even then she was pushing her luck.

"Red, can you let go?" I asked as I glanced down and took in her appearance. She was wearing a red tunic with a silver waistband, a silver plated pauldron on her left shoulder and a thin set of metal boots. Her entire outfit doesn't make sense. It's not even fashionable.

"No. Not just yet." She replied as she held tighter.

"Are you going to make me order you?" I said standing still.

"Fine." She said as she slowly let go but instead now clung to my left arm. I look above her head and found that she was still level nine. Why isn't she levelling up? Does she not know the point of the game?

"I am assuming you are going to tag along with me now?" I asked her as I watched her nod her head. "Fine, I am going to the arena to register for the tournament and the meantime why don't we just walk through town to get there." Again a nod.

We walked for about thirty minutes when a store to my right caught my attention. The outside was plain and didn't offer much of a view inside. Above the wooden door was a stained wooden sign that stated: Craxley's.

Why in the beginner's town would there be a shop that doesn't advertise. I watched for a few minutes and noticed that no one paid it any attention. I walked towards the shop with Red trotting alongside me, still refusing to let go. She confusing me. Why doesn't she just log out if she is a little rattled. There's no need to keep hanging around me.