Chapter Twenty Eight

Loki! I thought in anger as I stared up at the floating throne that began its slow decent to the canyon floor. It was at this point I truly wished that Bailey stayed out of sight and within the confines of the castle. I don't think I could protect her otherwise.

"My, my, Kai." He said with a chuckle at his own words. He stopped the clapping and instead placed his hands on the thrones armrests. "I am astonished at the outcome."

"It doesn't matter to you does it?" I asked him not letting a single thing slip through my sights. I needed to remain vigilant but calm with this monster in my presence.

"Not really, no." Loki said with indifference as his gaze never left mine. "With Thor and Odin gone from this world, there are no more that can stand in my way. I will accomplish what I set out to do." He added with a bright smile. 

"But I will." I told him trying to sound as confident as I thought I was. It was a gamble that I hoped would pan out, but knew it was unlikely.

The throne came to a soft stop on the broken canyon ground before Loki calmly and effortlessly stood up. As he did so, the throne disappeared into a black mist. The memories I had of various depictions of Loki didn't prepare me for what I saw here today. Although the Avengers Loki was very close, the differences here were the same as a common house cat and a majestic tiger.

He was taller than I thought reaching six foot and seven inches. His posture was impeccable. His hands hung loosely by his side. The air of power hanging around him wasn't any less short of absolutely terrifying. In my current state, I might not stand a chance against him. But I had to try.

I rushed forward with the combined speed of my Mergent nature as I kept my weapon in its hammer form. From the memories I had of the past Loki's, he was always brought down by Thor and his hammer. I just hoped I could live up to the tradition.

I made it to a meter in front of him when I was thrown to his right side as if nothing. I crashed into the canyon wall causing it to crack upwards. I stared wide eyed at the monster before me. How can he possibly be this strong? Even Thor wasn't as powerful as this. At my current level I should be able to handle him.

"I know what you're thinking." Loki's voice resonated within the canyon. Along with his chuckle. A sense of dread overcame me, causing me to fully understand the trouble I was in at this moment. "My power isn't something to merely remember. It is ever growing. That is the nature of my kind."

"Asgardians don't have that trait." I said through gritted teeth as I stood up and equipped my Crimson Edge. A sword that I have barely used since gaining Mystos Wrath. I equipped it into my left hand as I changed the hammer back to its sword form. I have never tried dual wielding before, but I hoped it would have the desired effect.

"Who said anything about Asgardians?" Loki said with a laugh. "And two swords won't help you. I am growing bored of waiting so I just decided to kill you today and be rid of you."

"So the story about your origins are true then?" I asked trying to buy myself some time in order to formulate a plan as well as condense my energy.

"Which story is this?" Loki asked intrigued by my question. "There have been so many."

"Frost Giants." I said with a faint smile, watching his own falter and slip from his face.

"How did you know about that?" He asked clearly agitated about this. It would seem that within this dimension, it wasn't wide knowledge in regards to his origin. Unlike the Thor movies of my time which I suspect made an educated guess, no one in this realm linked the two together.

"Various reasons." I told him with a bright smile as I finally condensed my energy. I was about to unleash my most powerful spell and needed him to think that I was merely giving up and trying a last ditch effort. If this move didn't work, then all might be lost.