Chapter 10

<I want to know>

"Ellie! Ellie! Open up!" I heard shouts outside my front door and I groaned. The doorbell was ringing non stop and I was so tired. It was so early in the morning. The sun had not even woke up and who would have knock so loudly on the door? It did not seem like there was any crime in my house. Whoever knocking the door would break it before I even opened it.

Annoyed by the non stop knocking and ringing, "Shut up. I'm coming." I shouted down. Even though I am not sure if that person heard me because I closed my bedroom door. I pulled open my curtain and once again, saw that the sun was not up yet. I combed my tangled hair and walked down the stairs with a heavy heart. I couldn't be bothered changing into another clothes. It felt like a dream yesterday but it wasn't. Maybel had stayed with me till midnight before she left because her parents was worried. She promised that she would come by with Max tomorrow so that we could have a gathering.

The sound stopped and I heard "Ellie! You there?" and this time it sounded like Ethan's voice. It couldn't be right. Ethan didn't know where I stay. Or maybe he did, I mean, he's the prince. He could have figured it out long ago because he used to track me down when I was sleeping on the park bench or in the library. Come to think of these, he might just be like a stalker. If Ethan wasn't the prince or handsome, he would had been classified as a stalker. How unfair was this society?

"Ethan. How did you....." before I could asked how did he know where I stay, he dragged me out of the house and the chilly air made me shiver. Ethan draped his jacket on my shoulders and because I wasn't wearing any shoes, he carried me up into a bridal style and walked me to his car. The passenger seat door was already opened so he gently placed me in and closed the door before going into the driver seat. The whole time, it was silent. But I couldn't helped but blush and I felt my face burning, warming my body. Did Ethan just carried me like that and left? I had yet to tidy up.

He just kept driving and this felt like a kidnapping scene where your kidnapper just dragged you off to somewhere. After that asked for ransom. But it was different with Ethan. I meant, he's way too gorgeous to do something like kidnapping. But they always says "never judge a book by its cover". Maybe I should asked him. "Where are we going?" I asked curiously and cautiously. I felt my eyes were a little swollen and my body was tired. Ethan just smile and gave my hand a little squeeze while holding onto the steering wheel with the other hand. We are only 16 and he already had his own car. Pretty Impressive I would say.

I frown and turned to him. He kept his eyes on the roads and I couldn't help but memorise his features. Out of fear that I might never see him again. Ethan's hair flopped down over his brows and it made him look sexy and hot. His lips were pink and it looks soft..... Soft enough to let me kiss it. Wait, what am I thinking? I found myself blushing and I turned back to face the road again.

I fiddle with the air conditional ventilation to distract myself as well as to blast away the leather smell in my nose. It took me awhile to realise this was not the same car Ethan drove the other time when we first went to the cafe. "Ellie, promise me that you will not freak out." Ethan said out of the blue, making me flinched slightly in the seat. I was too engrossed in wishing those red cheeks would go away.

I nodded and gave a weak smile. He nodded with me and bite his lips, swallowing. Which I found it irresistible, how could he do something like that so flawlessly. I might just die with happiness. We had stopped at the highway on the road shoulder and there was not much cars, so Ethan stopped and turned to face me. That was probably because he couldn't be questioned by a police for doing that? After all, he rule the town.

He started with a low voice "Your parents and Daphane....." And let the sentence trial off like that. My mind started racing. All those bad thoughts surfaced because he left them hanging. What did he mean by that? Did something bad happen to them? The plane crashed? The ship sunk? The whale or tiger got them? As much as I hated them, they are still my family.