Chapter 12

<It Hurts>

I couldn't believe that my foster dad was my biological father. It couldn't be. It must be a mistake right? How could they be so cruel to me? How could she threw the truth at my face and expect me to digest it? It came as a shock to her as it was to me. I'm in my room and I've been crying ever since I came running back. It was night when I had went to look for Queen Nina but now it seems as if it was midnight. I had sat myself in the darkest corner of my room beside the window and I didn't even bother to switch on the lights.

With so many disturbing thoughts in my head, I felt as if it would explode into pieces soon enough. It felt as if the thoughts would all become a monster and attacked me. Best if the monster ate me alive. As much as I need Ethan now but I don't want him to see me crying. I felt like I need Ethan. I need his warmth, his hug and his beautiful eyes. I missed him. But I also miss Betty, my garden dog.

"Ellie? Are you in here?" Ethan voice came through the door as if I had sent him a telepathy and I curled myself further into the corner of my big room. It was so intimidating. A fragile soul in a big room with endless imagination. How did he knew when to come looking for me? I heard footsteps and I wished that he would go away. I don't want him to see me crying. I wish he would vanish and not walked in.

"Ellie, I know you're here. Come out." Ethan said in a soft voice and once again, my heart broke. My tears flowed which I tried to cry silently but I sniffled and I felt a pair of strong arms around me. He found me. He always found me. I didn't know how but he just did. Despite the fact that I wouldn't want him to see me like that, it felt comforting in his arms. Like a safe heaven. Somewhere I could spent an eternal in.

He smoothed my hair and turned me to face the door before he sat down beside me. He placed my head on his shoulder and allowed me to let the tears flow. I felt safe and comfortable, as though everything Queen Nina said had disappeared into thin air. Right now, it was Ethan and me in our own world and I would have wanted to stay this way forever.

~~Ethan~~

When I found her, she was already crying her heart out and seeing her like this made my heart ache. She must have heard something terrifying from Queen Nina, how I wished I could lessen her pain. How I wished she did not have to suffer that pain. But this would be her new life and she would have to accept it sooner or later. I am just here to comfort. I didn't knew how but I just knew that she needed me. It was like she sent a telepathy note to me. I guess my instinct was good.

She sniffed and I felt her wiped her eyes. "I'm here, don't worry." I said to her hair which I had placed on my shoulder and she moved away from me.  I allowed her the freedom to do that and did not said a single word. Even in the dark, I could see her red puffed eyes, shall get some cooling pad for her later, and with the moonlight shining on her, her features looked even more beautiful. It was like her turquoise eyes are shining with the hidden tears beneath. It was just breathe taking.

She chocked back tears and tried hard not to cry. But she knew that she had emptied her tear duct. So I handed her a few pieces of tissue which she gladly took it. "Ethan.... My foster dad is my biological father." she spoke in a hoarse voice and I saw tears flowing down her face so I wiped it off with my thumb. Seeing her cry hurts me more than a knife would. I couldn't answer her, what could I say? I couldn't told her everything would be alright because it wasn't going to be until she accepted it. If I were to say that, it would only be a temporary wound cover.

"He's a prince from another place and Queen Nina was suppose to married him at age 18." Ellie said again and she looked away from me. But before she turned away, her eyes reflected despair and sadness. I was trying to grasp what was happening and I felt my jaw dropped a little because it took me a moment to link everything up. "So means they... They did it before marrying." I said instead of asking her. Like I was just speaking what I thought in my mind because I already knew she knew the answer. She gave me a look that said "bullseyes Ethan" but her beautiful eyes reflected sadness before nodding her head, OMG. I couldn't believe it. Queen Nina definitely didn't looked like those who would commit these sort of things. Something must had happened.