Chapter 17

<Be Mine>

"What was it Ethan?" I asked him. He had both hands behind his back and he was frowning. I wondered what's wrong.... Did he wanted to ask me to run away with him? I would gladly do that! but we couldn't, could we?

"Ethan, something went wrong?" I asked again when he didn't answer me the first time round. He looked at me with his blazing green eyes and swallowed before fidgeting nervously, shifting from one leg to another. Thousands of thoughts flew past my mind and I worried from one thing to another.

"Ellie, promise me you wouldn't get a shock and faint." Ethan said and he stared into my eyes. The air tensed and I felt nervousness crawling under my skin, my palms were sweating. I nodded slowly and he smile a little, his shoulders tensed. All the while, Betty was running around us both and chasing a butterfly. Oblivious to what was happening to the both of us. A few times Betty had came to me and circled my legs but she gave up when I did not gave her the attention she wanted.

"Ellie.....willyoubemineforever?" Ethan said in a breath and my eyes nearly bulged out of their socket when he opened a box with a turquoise ring in it. I couldn't speak and I had no time to react. Ethan, the prince of Gardina asked me to be his forever? How is this possible? It was like a dream came true and that instant it felt as if I am living in a fairytale.

I stood rooted to the ground unable to speak and move. He looked at me intently and sighed, closing the box before turning away. This came too suddenly, how did the Prince of Gardina just asked a commoner like me to marry him? As much as I would like to, but I couldn't. "I guess that's a no... I should not have asked. Sorry for being self-fish." Ethan walked away and hung his head down, Betty barking and running after him. But he turned around to stop her and she hung her head down and walked back to me. Betty was smart enough to read human signs and that was why I love her so much. She understands people well.

After a few stunned moments, I finally found my voice and I whispered "Wait" . Ethan stood frozen a few length away from me. He turned slowly and I said again "Wait Ethan."

A smile broke out on his face and he walked back to me quickly. I couldn't stop smiling also and This time, he got down on one knee and asked "Will Princess Ellie be Prince Ethan's forever?" and held the turquoise ring to me.

I blushed and smile and nodded like an idiot the whole time saying "I will". Ethan slipped the ring into my finger and it sits perfectly on my finger. He stood up and smile widely while I admire it and held it up, it changes colour when the sun shone on it. It was too beautiful and I want to be Ethan's one and only.

Still admiring the ring, I gaped. "Isn't it magical? It changes from turquoise to green under the sun." Ethan said when he wrapped his arms around my waist. I am the happiest princess on earth. It felt so magical. How could we be so in love when we met a year ago? I couldn't believe fate bought us to where we were today. I would believe that we were soulmates to begin with and no matter how many obstacles we need to overcome, I am willing to cross them with Ethan.

"Ethan, I'm...... I.... Is it okay?" I turned to face him and asked. It felt so right with the ring on my finger but at the same time it felt so wrong, like it wasn't suppose to be there. Like a sin but also a blessing.

Ethan frown and said "There you go again. Doubting yourself and my love. It's perfectly fine my dear Ellie." His eyes shows sadness and I knew I shouldn't be doubting his love. He didn't even doubt me.

I blushed and stick my tongue out at him before saying "How would I know if you cheated on me." Adding humor to this situation might made it all funny and better.

"'I swear I'll never do that to you." Ethan said and he kissed me softly on the lips. I smile against his lips and kissed him back just when we were about to deepen the kiss, Betty jumped up on me and broke our kiss and we started laughing with Betty barking. Girl's excited that we were happy and she wanted to be part of what we had. I love her like my own child.

~~~~~~

"You ready?" Ethan asked. He held my hand with the ring on it and squeezed it slightly. We're going to tell His mum and.... Well, My mum -Queen Nina- and I'm super nervous. After all, we're suppose to only get married at age 18 and not 17. We had managed to bring Betty back with us and she's roaming around a bigger garden than in school.

"Ever ready!" I said and swallowed the lump that was in my throat before taking in a big breath. I smile at Ethan and he kiss my forehead before opening the door that leads to the living room. This is nerves wrecking, if felt like I was about to face the whole crowd of citizens. My stomach did a flip when we took the first step into the room.

"There you are Ethan and Ellie! I was just telling your mum about tomorrow's crowning." Queen Annie said and I fidget a little. She hadn't noticed my finger and Ethan made no move of telling her. Shouldn't we tell them? I twitched my interlock fingers with Ethan.

"OH.MY.GOSH!" Queen Nina eyes were huge and Queen Annie turned to looked at her. Ethan's palms were sweating and so was mine. We were both nervous. Hell, this takes longer than I expected and I couldn't withstand it any longer. I guess from mom's reaction, she saw what we meant to tell them and Queen Annie should too in a few moments.

"What is it Nina?" Queen Annie asked in a worried tone and frown. Seems like she was a little slow for a Queen but I guess that our marriage was something she wouldn't have thought of at this state of time.

"Annie, look" Queen Nina pointed to Ethan and my interlocked hand and Queen Annie turned from worried to shocked to happiness. She practically jumped up from her seat when she saw it.

"Ellie! Is that a ring on your ring finger?" Queen Annie asked me, stating the obvious. She seems over joy and being a queen herself, I sometimes admire her ability to be so cheerful. She reminded me so much of Erica and I could now understand where Erica got her cheerful personality from.

"Yeah." I said and bit my lips, blushing. Ethan let go of my hands and I lifted it up to let them both see the ring clearly.

"We came to tell the two Queens that their children are engaged." Ethan said, looking from his mum to Queen Nina and Queen Nina grinned widely. Queen Annie was already hugging me and examinating the ring. She was just like Erica, so hyper and curious about everything.

"Our family ties can finally be closer, Nina." Queen Annie said and patted her son head like he won first prize in a science fair. She's beaming widely. She was proud. So proud that her son was loving someone for their personality.

"But you two can only be officially married at age 18." Queen Nina said with a grim expression and eyeing us carefully. She didn't want history to repeat, so I could understand. Ethan nodded, showing that he understand. I nodded too and relieve flooded her face though she was smiling too. I guess my mum is the opposite of Queen Annie. I guess I took her worrying traits as my own because she was an exact reflection of me. Now I didn't doubt she was definitely my mom.

Queen Annie was walking back to her best friend side. "Ellie, never in my life I would imagine that you'll accept the princess role. I'm proud to have a daughter that I am proud of." Queen Nina said and I felt a tear rolled down my cheek. This was my first time hearing a praise from someone that's close to me. It felt so nice and that moment I knew what mother love felt like.

She had years of worrying and stress from the fact that she misses her daughter so much and seeing me right in front of her now might also be too overwhelming for her. "Thank for bringing me into this world, mum." I said and smile. Queen Nina was shocked at first that I finally used the word mum and she walked over to hug me tightly. I saw Ethan and Queen Annie smiling and they hugged too despite my watery eyes.

I love Ethan, Queen Annie and most importantly, my mum, Queen Nina. Not forgetting Erica. Also my besties, Mabel and Max, they were the few people in my life that bought joy, laughter, love and sadness into my plain life. I couldn't asked for more. I would always treasure them no matter what and I know that they would too. I couldn't imagine a life without any of them and was glad that I had taken the step to be the princess.