Chapter 1 ~ Your Guardian Angel

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

***

Narrator's POV.

It was a bright sunny day. The leaves were falling, & turned into beautiful colors; it was the end of autumn. But no body loved more about autumn then little Stephanie. Stephanie was 4 yrs. old, with long curly dark brown hair, with hazel eyes, & pale skin.

She didn't have any friends. no one would play with her because she was different then them. It didn't bothered Stephanie, she made up some friends in her mind.

One day her mom opened the back door to their huge back yard that was contacted to the woods. Stephanie love playing in the woods. "Stay on the trails, okay?" Stephanie's mom said as Stephanie ran toward the woods.

"Okay mommy!♥" She said as she skipped throw the woods while the colorful leaves fell on top of her head.

Stephanie walked over to a faint oak tree that was right next to a graveyard. She sat her backpack down on the pile of leaves. Then Stephanie walks over to a small stone that was covered with leaves; she brushed off the leaves to read the person's name. 'Here lies Thomas Landy 1972 - 1999 A faithful husband, dearest friend, & loving father.'

It was Stephanie's dad's name that was written on the tomb stone. He died from a gun fight with a couple of gangsters. It's been a yr. that she lived without a father who used to tuck her in bed, tell her stories, scare the monsters away. He was everything to her, but now... he's gone from her life... forever.

She saw some white wild flowers that were growing by her backpack, so she picked some, & set them down on the grave. It was hard for Stephanie & her mom after they lost him, but it was harder on her mom that she would have live without her husband, & that her daughter would have to live without her dad.

But Stephanie promised her dad that she won't cry or feel any guilt when she visits him, so Stephanie walked away from the grave, grabbed a scrapbook that was filled with different leaves, flowers, & drawings of other things.

It made Stephanie feel much better, & forgot about crying & started finding things that the forest had to offer her.

***

Death went walking through the woods on a chilly autumn day. He wore a black cloak that flapped through the wind, his black hair was covering one side of his face, his pale skin matched his cold, soulless ice blue eyes. It's been a long day, collecting souls along the way, until her saw a little girl playing in the leaves.

Death found the girl sitting alone in a pile of fallen leaves, humming, & whispering of happy nonsense. Without scaring the little girl, he approach her carefully.

But Stephanie wasn't scared so easily. She simply turned a pale face to him & smile, then she pulled a bright red leaf from the pile, & handed it to him.

It was only a leaf, just a dried up, crumbly thing from the dirt, but the kindness which the child offered to him was so insist, that it broke Death's heart to think what he was there to do until now, that he didn't know that he could feel this sudden guilt that was built up inside of him.

"Thank you." Death said quietly. He took the leaf, put it inside his cloak pocket. "Where are your parents child?" Death ask the girl.

Stephanie remembered that her parents taught her not to talk to strangers. "I'm not suppose to talk to strangers mister."

"Oh?" Death said with a little teased in his voice. "And why not?"

"Because you're a stranger, strangers take little child, & they'll never see there mommy, & daddy's again." Stephanie said.

"But I'm not a stranger, I'm not even human." Stephanie frown, titled her head, & said.

"Then what are you? An angel?" Death looked at little Stephanie with an odd look on her pale face. He couldn't tell her that he was Death. The dark figure that gives people nightmares about, so he had to lie.

"Yes, I am an angel. In fact." Death said while pointing one finger in the air. "I'm your guardian angel." Stephanie's face brighten as she heard him say that he was her guardian angel.

"YEA!!!" Stephanie yelled out while flinging her arms up in the air along with the leaves floating in the air. It made Death giggled inside, he hadn't laughed in over thousand yrs. He couldn't feel any emotions what so ever, but it was only for the day, after the day was over he was planning erasing her memory, but then he felt even more guilty just by thinking of it.

She was only a little girl, all alone in the woods with Death standing right in front of her.

"Do you want to make a scrapbook together?" Stephanie said as she grabbed another scrapbook from her bag.

"Scarp... book?..." Death said, he doesn't even know what a scrapbook is. Stephanie laughed.

"You collect things like I collect leaves, flowers, & placed them in a book. Or just draw something & put it in the book too. Wanna do one together? We can call it Stephanie's &... &..."

"And what my dear?"

"I don't even know your name? Do angels have names?" Death had only know that he was Death... That was it.

"You can give me one, if you want?" Death shrugged his shoulders. Stephanie rubbed her chin, trying to think up a perfect name for him, then she thought about her dad's name, & how it would match him perfectly.

"How about Thomas?" Death was given a name from a human girl. It made smile on the inside.

"Then Thomas it is."

The entire day Thomas & Stephanie collected a lot of wonderful things, placed it on there scrapbook. Stephanie had a wonderful time with her guardian angel/ new best friend that she forgot about the time. The sun was about to disappear behind the tall trees. It made Stephanie scared.

"Umm... Thomas?"

"Yes Stephanie?"

"Since it's getting dark... Can you walk me home. I-I... I'm afraid of the dark." Stephanie said as she hugged herself & walked closer to Thomas. Thomas felt like he would do anything to make her not afraid of many thing, so he smiled & nodded.

"Of course, anything for my mushroom troll." Thomas said as he patted the top of her head. Stephanie smiled, & took his pale hand. Her warm hand touched his cold hand, but it didn't bothered either of them, then they walked the way home in silence.

When they reached Stephanie's house Thomas stopped her, knelt down, meeting with her hazel eyes. "Will I ever see you again?" Stephanie said, a little disappointed that she would never see her guardian angel... her ONLY friend again.

Thomas felt like her had to see her again, so he lifted up her chin, smiled, & said. "Of course my mushroom troll. I'll see you tonight after you mother tucks you in for bed. Now go on, it looks like you mom is making you favorite food. Pizza."

Stephanie's face lights up in the dark, & ran off toward the house. Before she closed the door, she looks back, waves her hand, saying good-bye even thought she'll see him again tonight.

Thomas waved good-bye, & walks back into the woods, disappearing into the darkness.

***

Hey guys RaddyMaddy here,

I hope u guys would love this story.

The song is called "Your Guardian Angel" by: the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Comment, follow me, & vote, Vote, VOTE!!!

THX:3