Chapter 15 ~ The End of this Chapter

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Thomas's POV. 

I drove up toward Stephanie's house; one room had the lights on. I parked the car, got out, & walked inside the house to see Tarros staring at the TV amazed. He turned his head toward literally jumped out of his set, stood up & bowed. "Welcome back master."

"Do you always get this jumpy when I come back, Tarros?"

"W-well, you see sir. You're my master after all, I'm your servant so I should act more like a servant then being nothing, after all I did sold my soul to you." I grew quiet, looked back at the TV, & said.

"You were amazed at the TV." I said pointing at the TV.

"Yes sir. I haven't see so many colors, & look at the size of it. Back in my days we had tiny televisions that only showed my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. That was when before..." Tarros smile drop, thinking back something that hurted him pretty badly. "Before my mother left for that rich man."

"Your mother hurt your father pretty badly, didn't see?" I said, getting more interested in his story. I don't know why I was so interested in Tarros's story, but a hint of curiosity hit me like a rock to the head.

"It wasn't my father that she hurted badly, she hurted me too, & I never forgave her since..." Tarros looked at me, & said. "How did she die? I know that your Death, so please tell me how my mother died?"  It wasn't a bother to tell someone how the person died, but for some reason I could not form the words for that my throat seemed very lumpy to speak. I took a deep breathe, & finally spoke.

"It was late at night when your mother was in her bedroom, she was... depressed."

"Depressed?" Taros said.

"She was depressed she was pregnant with his child, but her husband didn't want any children so he threw her out onto the streets. He left her with no money in her pocket, no car, no house, nothing, but the clothes on her back. Your mother wondered around the city asking for money, food, & a place to sleep during the nights, but no one would lift a finger to help her, so she was a homeless pregnant hobo with no where to go. Your mother couldn't take the homeless life, so she hung herself, & died while her unborn child was still inside."

Tarros was turned into utter horror, it wasn't the expression I was looking for, but some how I could feel his pain. Tears was coming out of the concern of his eye, he was trying to hold them back. "It's okay Tarros, you don't have to hold it back anymore." I said, then Tarros let the tears run down his face like a waterfall, he just broke down crying with his hands covering his face.

All I could do was patting his back, trying to calm him down. Tarros looked up, & stared at me with his red puffy eyes. "What did you do with the baby?"

"It took her to heaven, she'll be happier up there." I said. Tarros rubbed the tears from his red eyes, smiled, & said.

"Thank you, master. It will ease my pain, now my soul can finally rest in peace." Tarros said as he walked out of the room. It made me happy to hear Tarros feel so relived now; the room became quiet, but then I remembered the letter that Tarros gave to me a few months ago. I took out the letter from my pocket, it was in a red envelope with a red wax stamp, so I opened the envelope, & began reading the letter.

"Dearest Death,

I hope that you're reading this right knowing that I have your most valuable treasure, Stephanie.