Chapter 4 ~ When I Was Your Man

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Stephanie's POV.

10 yrs. had pass since the accident. It had been hard on Steve & I; living without mom, but it hit me mostly because people at my high school would make dirty looks cause I'm different then them.

As for Steve, he's a business man, usally he goes on business trips for weeks or a month, I don't mind it, but sometimes I can't stand it anymore, being alone all the time.

But what really scares me the most is the nightmares I get every night. I dream of the accident with my mom, blood all over the windows, the car sinking into the frozen lake, & me drowning, but then I see a dark figure swimming towards the car, breaks the window, & saving me. I don't know what it means, but all I know is that I was rescued by a guardian angel.

***

"Oh my gosh! Did you see how hot Max was with him all sweaty, & you can see his rock hard abs at gym?! Ahh he's sooooo sexy!" Meg said as we walked down the hallway to our next class; Mythology. I love learning about myths & legends, people think it's weird, but I don't give a crap what they say about me.

"Yeah totally..." I said rolling my eyes. Meg is kinda of a boy chaser when it comes to guys who are buff, handsome looking, 6 rock hard abs, & sexy looking. More like in the movies.

As we made our way to the class room I sat in my desk in the way back. It's easier for me to learn, & not get distracted because all of the girls would gossip about me or today's scoop, the boys would put gum in my hair or they write notes about me being a freak of nature. It hurts, but as long as I'm strong I can concur anything; that's what Steve always told me when I'm in a bad mood.

But that's the least of my problems. You see after the car accident I've been able to...well, see ghosts. But it's not that bad I guess. I mean, over the yrs. I've learn to cope with it pretty well. Though sometimes it's unavoidable.

Like the one time there was a ghost name Bob who committed suicide in the boy's bathroom. Sad, huh? When a group of girls were pushing me around, knocking my books out of my hands, Bob came to the rescue & spared water from the water fountain all over them.

It was hilarious. Then 2 ghosts name Kate, & Gale who got killed by a drunk drive, they always keep me safe from the rain or keep me company.

Then the bell rang, the door opened, & principle Butt... I'm not kidding you his real last name is Butt!!! Crazy, right?! Anyways, he walked into the class room instead of my regular teacher, Mr. Pancake. I know, I have teachers with weird last names. You don't have to rub it in.

"Good morning class, I have some good news, & some bad news. The bad news is that Mr. Pancake broke his legs along with his spine from an accident so he'll be out for the rest of the school yr."

"Geezz!!! That sounds really bad. I hope he's gonna be okay?" I thought to myself.

"However I found a new teacher that will be taking over Mr. P's place, & I want everyone to be nice to him." Principle Butt said as a man walked into the class room.

"Hello students I'm Mr. Van de Black, but you can just call me Thomas." He said.

"He has the same name as my dad's. My real dad." His hair was shiny black, slicked back, his skin was pale, he wore a back suit with a blood red tie that had a tiny skull button, & his eyes were icy blue. He looked like Erik from the movie "The Phantom of the Opera." I'm such a nerd/fan girl when it comes to that. I love that movie soooooooooooooo freakin much. ^///^