Chapter 11 ~ Beauty and the Beast

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Stephanie's POV. 

It had been 2 weeks since I came to the after life with Thomas, but to me it felt like I've been in the mansion for months... Crazy right?

Anyway today was a big day for me because was my 18th birthday, today I become a woman. To Thomas is a dreadful day because humans celebrate the day of life not... you know... death... Anyway today was special to Thomas too so he was gonna throw me a grand party. How sweet is he?! ^////^

So I was in my room, slipping on my dress I was gonna wear; it was a white long-sleeve dress that came down to the floor, it showed my bare shoulders, I was also wearing the blue jeweled locket that he gave to me on 9th b-day. My hair dark brown curly hair hung down with flower hair pins, pieces were in brads. "I looked beautiful tonight." Then there was a knock on my door.

"The doors open." I said still sitting on the small bench by my mirror as I was putting on my ear-rings. The door creaked open, and Tarros came in. "Oh it's you Tarros."

"Yes my lady, the master is waiting for you in the hallway."

"Okay, I'll be there in a second." I said smiling. Tarros bowed, left my room with the door closing behind him. I turned my attention back to the mirror as I put on the finishing touches by painting my lips red. "Well I better get going, don't want to miss my party." I said. I walked toward the door, made my way to the hallway where I saw a tall dark figure leaning against the wall. The figure turned his head, and I saw white straight teeth smiling at me, I smiled back.

"My don't you look gorgeous tonight." Thomas said, while his cold pale figures brushed against my cheek.

"And don't you look extremely handsome too." I flirted with him as I played around with his black hair; then Thomas held out an arm, and said.

"Shall we attended to your party, madame Stephanie?" He was being cute again, like he always does. I took his arm, and said.

"Yes, we shall." I smiled. We walked down the empty hallway that lead to a door with lights, music, and noises from people. Then 2 dark shadowy figures swam toward the door, then the transformed into human shape, after they shift-shaped into people they both opened the huge doors where a blast of lights, and noises were coming.

The ball room was decorated with blood red curtains, colorful balloons, a table with food, and a giant glass bowl of fruit punch where Tarros was serving at; there were so many people that were dressed in fancy clothes like back in the Victorian time, but whats weird about these people is that some seemed... lifeless in their eyes, the room was cold like being in a freezer, but the warmth of Thomas's arm warmed me up nice & toasty.

Once we stepped inside the room, the music stopped playing, & everyone stopped, stared at us, & bowed to us. Then the same dark shadowy figure floated to the side of me. "May I present, Lord Death, & his lady of honor, Lady Stephanie." The figure said with a raspy voice. Everybody in the room bowed, had their heads hanging down, facing the floor.

Thomas held out his hand, & said. "It's a pleasure to have you here for my guest of honor, not only you're here to have a good time, but to celebrate a life's day of birth. Please enjoy the party." Thomas took me to the other end of the room where there were 2 chairs standing there. I sat on the right side while Thomas sat left side this his back sitting up straight looking all high, & mighty. Once Thomas held his up up the music began to play again, & everyone went back to the party.