Chapter 9

Alex watched Hayden fidget with the empty sachet in her hands as she stared into nothingness. It was quite noisy inside the cafeteria with all the students' chatter. She began breaking it up violently whilst maintaining a distracted stare. "Hayden, are you okay?" Duncan asked. "Ah huh," she mumbled.

Hayden watched the door as she neatly sorted the torn sachet. Reed walked in right on time. He made no effort to look at her as he purchased an espresso. Her fingers searched until they found another sachet to demolish. Reed sat down and sipped at his beverage until he eventually made eye contact with her. His dark eyes fixed in on her and stayed there. It wasn't a cold stare, but one of desire. Hayden shivered. Reed got up and walked out of the cafeteria in one effortless move. Hayden got up and followed. When she reached the parking lot, he was nowhere to be seen. She couldn't see anyone across the parking area in the dark. All around she heard crickets making a noise as they sang. Two large arms folded around her waist and a broad chest covered her back. Reed kissed her neck before he rested his head on her shoulder, "Miss me?" She held onto his arms which held her tightly. "Reed!" she giggled, "We might get caught." He tightened his embrace, "I don't care. I've missed you." She turned around and kissed him, showing him just how much she missed him. "Let's go," he whispered in her ear and she followed him into his car before they drove off.

A ringing noise woke Hayden up. Blue light emanated from beneath her vibrating iPhone which lay upon the grey bedside table. She quickly answered it before it woke Reed. The full moon brightened the night sky. "Hello?" She whispered, turning to Reed. She heaved a sigh of relief when she saw that he was in a deep sleep. "Where are you?" Emily practically screamed. "Keep your voice down," Hayden whispered, "I'll explain later." There was silence on the other end before Emily squealed, "You're with some guy, aren't you?" Hayden remained silent. "You are! Who is it?" Emily asked excitedly. "Goodnight, Em," Hayden hung up before she could answer. She placed the phone on the bedside table and attempted to go back to sleep, but was unsuccessful. Only the sounds of crickets, the ticking of a clock and Reed's heavy breathing kept her company. She was soon tortured by guilt and regret. Reed moved closer in his sleep and placed a heavy arm around her. This didn't help soothe her restless mental state. That night, Hayden laid awake, facing reality.

Reed watched all the students leave his class except for Hayden, she slowly packed away her books. "You coming?" Emily called to her. "Not just yet, I want to ask Mr. Donovan a question quickly," Hayden said, packing the last book in her bag. Emily nodded and soon left.

Reed sat at his desk waiting for Hayden to approach him. His eyes took in her lovely figure, thinking back to when she stood in front of him completely soaked. "So, what's the question?" Reed asked her when she approached him. At first she looked puzzled but then blushed, knowing that he overheard her excuse. "Well," she said, pretending to be concerned, "I do have this one problem." A smirk appeared on Reed's face, "And what is that, Ms. Scott?" She moved a little closer when Reed stood up. "I don't have anything to do tonight," she whispered. "I can think of a few things," he whispered back. "And what would that be?" she asked.

Reed walked towards the door to the storeroom beside the large whiteboard and Hayden followed. The storeroom had no cameras and was quite dark. Shelves lined two walls with a table resting against the furthest wall. Hayden made her way to stand in front of Reed before turning to him. He eyed her dangerously. He moved towards her until they were about an inch apart. He began walking forwards, forcing Hayden to walk backwards until she bumped into the table. His bold features appeared quite frightening in the dark, causing Hayden to take in a deep breathe. "You scared?" He asked in a low voice. "No," Hayden replied suddenly. "Are you sure you're not because I can hear your heart beating," he smirked. "I'm not scared," Hayden whispered. Reed's eyes travelled down to her short denim shorts. He continued to walk forwards until she sat on the table where he continued to seduce her. He loved the feeling of her hands moving through his hair while he kissed her cold neck. She laid down on the table when his kisses travelled down to her torso. Reed's grip on her tightened. She pushed him off of her and walked towards the door. Reed grabbed her hand and pulled her to him before pushing her against the shelf. She looked frightened but he continued to kiss her, she made no effort to stop him. "Scared now?" He asked between kisses. "No," she whispered. He grabbed her hands and held them above her head as he bit at her skin. She tried to free her hands but he tightened his grip, hurting her. "Reed," she whispered. He looked up at her nervous face. "What's wrong?" he asked. "You're hurting me," she said in disbelief. He loosened his grip but kept her pinned to the shelf. He held her waist while he pushed his lips to hers and slid his hands up the sides of her body. His lips moved down her throat at a fast pace with brutal force. "I'm scared. Stop!" Her voice echoed in the silence, causing Reed to look up at her and move away. She shot him an angered glance before she marched out of the storeroom. Reed ran after her but she was already headed for the door. "Hayden wait!" She walked.

Hayden lay in bed that night, replaying the afternoon's events in her head. The way Reed manhandled her made her shiver. She felt her phone vibrating from beneath the covers. It was Reed calling. Again. She ignored it and chucked the phone on the bedside table, blotting Reed from her thoughts. Hayden pulled the covers up to her nose and closed her eyes.

Reed threw his phone on the floor in a fit of rage. He began pacing back and forth, thinking of a solution to his problem. What was the problem? He thought of where he went wrong. Was it something he said? Was it the way he pinned her down? Maybe she was scared of getting caught. He thought of how frightened she looked earlier when he pushed her to the shelf, but she said she wasn't scared. Reed sat on his bed and dropped his head between his knees. He wanted her here with him.