Chapter 21

He stood beside the car as he typed out the text. He waited until he saw Hayden's figure in the distance before he hid between the trees. Her figure frantically ran towards the car but a look of disappointment washed over her face when she didn't see anyone there. She inspected the car with confusion. His eyes travelled over her body. The ravishing red dress she wore revealed the dip in her back, making him grit his teeth. He had to wait for the right moment. Hayden walked around the vehicle before she stood in front of it, scanning her surroundings. She held the dress at the sides so that her bare feet could move freely without the material bothering them. Hayden's hair sat between her collarbones in an untidy plait which swayed to and fro as she turned her head from side to side. A noise sounded in a nearby bush, starling her. She spun her head around to see a cat scurrying away. He stealthily left his hiding place behind the tree and walked towards her. She had her back to him but he could tell that she could hear him when her body froze. He pulled the cloth out of his pocket that had the correct dosage of the concoction that would put her to sleep. Before she could turn, he wrapped an arm around her neck and brought the cloth to her mouth with his other hand. She clawed at his hand but her movements soon grew slow and she went limp in his arms. He picked her up and placed her inside the trunk of the vehicle before he drove to his destination.

He opened the trunk and gently picked her up before carrying her towards the abandoned warehouse. He placed her on the ground beside a puddle momentarily so that he could open the rusted metal door that required all his strength. He picked her up and stepped inside. He had been preparing for this for many weeks. He walked past his hostage who yelled at him when he saw Hayden but he carried on walking until he reached the room. Placing her on the floor, he made his way to close the door to drown out the sound of his prisoner's screams. He crouched beside an unconscious Hayden and caressed her olive skin with his gloved hand. Oh how he longed for her to touch him and look at him with the same desire as he did her. The echoes of his prisoner's screams angered him so much so that he left Hayden and hurried to the cell. Grabbing a knife, he stepped inside his hostage's cell and got to work on teaching him a lesson.