Chapter LIX

In the guest room there was a battle taking place, at the end of the room my mother gripping a scissor on her hand and Mr

In the guest room there was a battle taking place, at the end of the room my mother gripping a scissor on her hand and Mr. Henry with his hands on a vase.

"No Mr. Henry!" I said from the door.

"Then tell your mother to put the scissor down!" Mr. Henry shouted with already had some blood on him.

"Call the doctor Edna, and call Mrs. Miller as well to help us!" I said desperately thinking Mrs. Trudor and the nurse who were running down the hall might not be enough to secure mother.

"Lady Alice stay there, she has hurt me already, I do not want you to get hurt as well!" Mr. Henry said as I looked for the cut and found upon his arm that dripped blood on the floor.

"Mother stop this and come to me!" I stepped inside anyways to get her away from him before he decided to use the vase as self-defense.

"No! I told you I would make it alright! I'm going to send him on his way and free you of your burdens before I go Alice."

"Mr. Henry is not a burden, he cares for my safety, he is good mother!"

"He is a deceiver, a bad soul who will separate us if I do not stop him!"

"No he is only here to help us, please mother let him help you, please?"

"No, no, no, no, no! I forbid you to take his side! He is just like your grandfather!" She raised the scissor at me.

"Grandfather?"

"Your grandfather hated us, he made our life impossible and it was only when death knocked that he humbled himself, like I will humble Henry!"

"Mama stop it!" I wrestled with the scissor in her hand.

"Do not cry Alice for they are bad!" She got away from me and turned the scissor towards Mr. Henry to go to him.

"Mother! Grandfather was good, look at all he left us, we are taken care of, see?"

"Death! It is all death! Objects do not move!" She threw things on the floor breaking them, "This house is dead! Your brother is away, and you have brought into our house a doomed alliance!" She shrieked in a fit going round and moved close again to Mr. Henry.

"Mother please give me the scissors!" I went closer to her trying not to step on the pieces of things she had broken.

"Alice call for help before your mother murders me!" Mr. Henry shouted as mother got close to him when Lady Walker came in to watch in horror from the doorway.

"Oh Henry!" Lady Walker shouted and Mrs. Trudor and Edna got a hold of her.

"Mother!" He looked over at her.

"Get my son out of there! You get my son out of there!"

"Alice!" Mr. Henry questioned me as I looked at mother and wondered what would it take to calm her down. "Help me Alice!"