The Greatest Journey Ends...

For those of you who are all caught up of the last chapters I hope you enjoy the last chapter of The Greatest Journey.

Edna, my aunt and I went on to Venice, Italy where the arts drenched every corner of every street and every building like its canals with their rowing men

Edna, my aunt and I went on to Venice, Italy where the arts drenched every corner of every street and every building like its canals with their rowing men. One of the first things we did was find an artist to immortalize Edna and my aunt in paint though we were troubled to find artists were taught to draw people in its bare originated form like the Greeks did. Not to mention the Italian weather was much more well-tempered and invigorating than London's gray skies which were a thing of the past for us as we delighted in the informal way of life in small Italy.

"Here send this please," I asked the maid of the house we had rented.

"Yes milady," she said and went out.

"So is he coming?"

"Yes in a week he will be here to see the house," I told Edna.

"He must have acquired a great fortune selling that big old place, I heard he even left family portraits behind."

"Yes some of it he did."

"I hope the new house is to his taste."

"I think it is to anyone with good taste."

"Good I want him to be inspired, to paint, to be himself here."

"I still cannot believe he bought into the idea of moving to Italy."

"Well a painter in the city of art aunt is a good idea and I can't wait for the staff to come, I think Mary's kid will enjoy the beaches here."

"Yes it is a proper paradise here."

"It is."

"It is still hard to know you will not be going back to England after you marry."

"Our wedding will be there for everyone to come and what place more beautiful to start over than here?"

"Yes."

"So will you stay or go?"

"I will stay, I love Italy, it is the best place in the world though I have only seen three places in the world, I stand by it," Edna declared her love walking into the conversation.

"True Italy is the best place, Paris was lovely and while I have enjoyed every moment of our trip I shall go back to England."

"But why?" Edna questioned my aunt.

"I must go be with Daniel, he has spent so long without a mother I have to go make sure his manners are still there, and keep him from harm's way so I will go back to London and be his guardian until he decides whether to join you here or stay there."

"Of course that is best, I have been so selfish, I had not even considered it."

"You are too happy your head is in the cloud my dear niece."