T E N

RHYS

I remained pacing in the hallways even after everyone entered their classrooms. I couldn't stop thinking about my Mate.

I cursed, fully believing that Fate was trying to keep us apart.

She was close, so close.

I growled and started punching a random locker over and over again until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged the hand off me and ignored whoever was trying to get my attention.

"Uh, Alpha?" a hesitant voice said.

I turned and found a member of my Pack staring at the floor, purposely avoiding my eyes.

"What is it?" I asked harshly.

The guy flinched "Uh..." he stammered "I...Don't.."

I growled and the Dude backed away from me "Spit it out"

He cleared his throat "Alpha, I just wanted to inform you that the Principal is coming this way. He heard a complaint from my History teacher. I wanted to warn you before he caught you"

I stared at his familiar face. He looked young, Probably about the age of a Freshman.

I know I've seen this kid before

"Are you Jack Keen's son?" The boy flinched and nodded.

Jack Keen was my father's military commander who was found guilty of betraying his Pack and divulging private information about our military tactics to Hunters. He was one of my father's most trusted men and probably would have still been spilling our secrets if his Mate did not turn him in. Turns out, he betrayed her too. Divulging our secrets to his Mistress, a Hunter, who ended up killing him after he no longer had access to Wolf Intel.

Sad really.

Not only did he screw up his life, he also ended up making his family the "Black Sheeps" (Ironic huh) of the Pack. Most of the Pack steer clear of the Keens because they feel that they are just like Jack.

I say most of the Pack because I don't really believe that the Keens are evil. They shouldn't be judged based on a mistake they didn't even commit.

This kid shouldn't be defined by the mistakes of his father

I realized that I was so lost in my thoughts that the kid starting sweating and shaking, like he was waiting for some sort of punishment.

I stepped forward and the Kid flinched backward.

I raised an eyebrow before clapping him on the back, my demeanor calm despite my Wolf's anxiety and desperation to find his Mate "Thanks kid. I appreciate the warning."

His posture relaxed and he released the breath he was holding

I started walking "What's your name kid?"

He ran to catch up with me "Alexander, but most people call me Alex"

"How's school so far Alex?" I asked

Yeah, I was Alpha and didn't really need to be talking to this kid but I figured he needed some guidance. High School is hard for a regular kids, being a Were makes High School especially hard.

"Good Sir" he said, falling in step with me

I chuckled "Call me Rhys, Sir is for my father" I looked at my watch "Sorry Alex, I have to get going. It was nice talking to you"