S I X T E E N

Rhys

I was pacing in my office, waiting for my parents to arrive. I couldn't help but replay the awful scene from hours ago, When I had to inform all the parents about their children's grave condition.

It was by far, the worst part of being Alpha.

Having to inform any family member about the condition of their loved one.

A soft knock sounded on my door and I stopped pacing "Come in"

My mom poked her head in "Can we talk?"

"Sure" I went to my desk and sat down.

Mom came in and I noticed that Dad was right behind her. They sat down in front of me and I raised an eyebrow "I assume you're here to finally tell me about the Royals?"

They nodded and I continued "And how the Royal Prince was Mated to a Hunter"

Their mouths dropped open wide "How did..."

I rolled my eyes "It isn't hard to figure out Mom. First she refused our help and asked for only protection for her kids. Then Everly stated that her daughter, Kassi, felt off. I had Shawn look into her before..." I trailed off, knowing that they understood what I was about to say and continued "Plus, I'm Pretty sure the old Legend was about them"

"A Royal and Hunter will forever be bound, for they will produce a child that will wear the crown. Once the child meets their Mate, will their destined fate await" 

Dad nodded grimly "You're right son. The legend is true"

"But..." Mom said softly "Kassi or her brothers were never supposed to be born" Mom said quietly

"So? She was unplanned? That's common to happen now a days" I stilled, processing what she just said "Wait? Brothers? My report said she only had one?"

Mom shook her head "No son, I'm not talking about an unplanned Pregnancy. I'm talking about how Carrie, Kassi's mother, was physically unable to have children"

"And Kassi has 2 brothers" Dad added with a sad smile "Kassiopeia is the middle child. She had an older brother"

My eyes widened "But...how"

I was absolutely shocked

Dad halted my questions "Let your mother explain"

I nodded but my mind was scrambling with hundreds of questions

This could not be possible

"When Carrie and Nico got married, they started planning for a family right away. No matter how hard they tried, they never could conceive a child. When I found out I was pregnant with you, Carrie was the first person I told. I was just so excited that I didn't think about how painful it must have been for her to watch her best friend have something she'd been wanting to have for a long time. Of course, they were happy for us but they started to lose hope. As a last resort, Nico began praying to the Moon Goddess. Being that he was descended from the first blood lines of Wolves ever created, he felt that he had a special connection with her. According to him, he felt that throughout his life, she was always there watching and guiding him on the right path"

"And boy was he right" Dad chimed in "I swear that Man had Nine lives. He was like a danger magnet. Always getting into trouble. But somehow, every time, he managed to escape unscathed"

Mom smiled "A week after we announced our pregnancy, Carrie found out she was pregnant"

"So if she was pregnant, why aren't there three kids with the Dimitriou last name? Only two?"