F O R T Y - E I G H T

Rhys

"We can't just walk in" Taylor hissed at her Twin "If you haven't forgotten, there's still a Coven of Witches watching over the cemetery"

"Oh I haven't forgotten" he gritted his teeth "But our best friend is in there, facing God knows what alone. I'm not going to leave her there without back up"

Taylor sighed "If we don't think through this rationally than you might not get an option in the matter"

A chill swept through my body and I turned in time to see two figures approaching us from outside the cemetery's fence boarder.

"Heads up everyone" I growled "We aren't alone"

Two little girls appeared in front of us, smiling

I blinked

And then I blinked again

"Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing?" Matt whispered to us

"I see small people" Ethan whispered back

"They're little girls" Taylor said

"Don't be fooled" My Uncle said "Take a look at them. A good look"

I scrutinized them

They sneered at my Uncle

"Still alive Xander? We thought you've be dead by now" The girls spoke in unison

My uncle gritted his teeth "Still possessing innocent people's bodies I see"

The girls giggled, lifting they're arms and twirling a little "What use do they have for them now? They're dead"

When the girls twirl, I caught sight of their bashed in skulls.

Taylor and Mia gasped

"Hansel and Gretel are necromancer Witches" My Uncle said "They can infuse their magic with freshly deceased corpses to do their dirty work"

"And you know this how?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the dead little girls

"We go way back" One girl said

"Did now one else catch their freaking names?" Ethan muttered under his breath "Hansel and Gretel, like the story?"

"Exactly" My Uncle said "Except unlike the story, the two children were actually the witches"

"Ah," One girl said wistfully "Good times. Ain't that right Gretel?"

The other one nodded

"They can resurrect anyone?" Taylor asked, sounding frightened

My Uncle nodded "They can resurrect anyone unless they're headless"

I looked at him "That's why you took their master's head"

"We have no master" They snapped

I ignored them

My Uncle nodded "However, I would have took his head regardless. He was a bastard"

He then looked at the little girls "Why are you two still here? I thought the first thing you would have done with your master being dead was to flee?"