13: It's enough for me that you alone like it.

Shizuka stared at the message on her screen.

...Is this a warning?

Leaning back, Shizuka sighed as her pin straight sable coloured hair hung over her chair.

Wow, it's only been like a day since we've started dating and I'm already getting harassment texts? How did this person get my number anyways?

Although Shizuka was popular and well-liked by her peers, in truth she was only close to a few select people, so not many people actually had her number.

Shizuka contemplated getting Mika to investigate the text but in the end she gave up on the idea because she figured these kinds of things would be happening more in the future.

The amount people I have to be wary of has gone up exponentially. I mean this text could be from one of my disappointed fans, one of the Safe shippers, an obsessive fan of Semi Madoka's, someone affiliated with Mikoshiba Touko or Mikoshiba herself or someone I haven't even considered yet ...How bothersome....

After a while, Shizuka sat up and sent a reply.

Shizuka: [I am ever so grateful for your care and concern for my well-being. I will be more vigilant in the future as to not waste the consideration you have shown me today. Please enjoy the rest of your evening.]

Shizuka smirked, satisfied with her work. She knew that there wouldn't be any point in asking the sender who they were and what they were trying to achieve because it was evident that they wouldn't reveal either.

Shizuka also felt that although the sender was annoying, they weren't as threatening as they wanted her to believe.

A truly dangerous person wouldn't warn you before they acted. They would just do it. That's how I would be.

Shizuka let out a low chuckle. That's why the villain characters always lose to the heroines in otome games. If you're going to do evil things you should at least be discreet about it and get rid of all the evidence. If it were me, before the opponent even knew what was happening, they'd already be crushed.

Shizuka glanced at her screen. This person is clearly just trying to give me a scare but I'm not going to give them that satisfaction.

Then, she blocked the unknown number and chucked her phone aside.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The next day Shizuka accidentally overslept.

Since she didn't have time to sit down and have breakfast, she grabbed a cream filled bun on her way out the door and haphazardly ate it while running.

Damn, I must have really been worn out from yesterday. How could I wake up 15 minutes before school starts? Luckily mom could drop me off at the station, otherwise I wouldn't have a chance of making it on time.