19: If your ladyship wishes, this servant is willing to serve you for eternity.

Since she was 6 years old, Tegaru had wanted to become a celebrity. When she turned 16, Tegaru thought that her dreams were finally coming true when she debuted as a member of QT009, but that turned out to be a pipe dream as the group proved to be unpopular.

Through hard work and sheer determination she had managed to endure in the business for ten grueling years before getting a chance to become the main host of a new program marketed as a thrilling romance game show. Sadly for Tegaru, the new program had been unable to find its footing despite airing six whole episodes. Thus, for the seventh episode, the writers and producers of the show decided to change up the format of the show by finding random couples off the street to participate.

Finding couples downtown on a Sunday wasn't difficult as Shizuka had said; however, Tegaru knew that if the program were to continue airing, they needed an eye-catching couple that people would want to watch and support. This was why she was ecstatic to find Madoka and Shizuka.

Seeing the two not budge, Tegaru disregarded the fact that she was in a dress and dropped down to the ground to bow deeply to Shizuka and Madoka. "Please! It won't take very long to film! Please if you could just compete in our show!"

In a fluster Shizuka tried to help Tegaru up. "Higashikata-san, was it? Please stand up!"

"No! I won't stand up until you guys agree to go on the show! There are prizes you can win and it'll be a lot of fun so please please please!"

"Higashikata-san, please, don't be like this..."

"Why are you trying so hard?" asked Madoka suddenly.

Blinking back tears Tegaru replied, "Because everything I've been desperately working hard on for the last ten—no twenty years, depends on it."

As she pressed her forehead onto the pavement she pleaded again, "Please participate in our show."

Shizuka stopped trying to get Tegaru to stand and just stared at her for a long while. In reality while Shizuka hated doing anything that might seem bothersome and uninteresting she found it difficult to turn down truly earnest and hardworking people.

After a while she turned to look at Madoka and tried to communicate with him using her eyes. Shizuka was not sure that her message had gotten across properly but eventually Madoka nodded and quietly said, "I'm okay with anything if you're okay with it."

"Alright, Higashikata-san, you can get you get up now. We'll do it. We'll take part in the show."

Tegaru sprang up from her position and shouted, "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

Shizuka smiled wryly as she turned to Madoka and shrugged. Ah, it can't be helped.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

As she led them to the outdoor filming location, Shizuka and Madoka introduced themselves before Tegaru began to explain the format of the game to them.

The show consisted of four rounds designed to test the bond between couples. Besides them, there were two other couples who would be participating. In each round, successful couples would earn points and in the end, the couple with the most points would win.

With enthusiasm Tegaru informed them that the prize for first place would be a certificate for a three nights, two days hot springs vacation package and a certificate for a free dinner at Chez Souma, a notoriously busy but highly praised restaurant.

Shizuka's ears perked up when the latter was mentioned.

Second place would receive a pair of couple rings from a notable fashion brand, which Shizuka thought was still pretty generous, and third place would get a consolation prize of a pair of couple t-shirts and a signed CD from a rock band that had been popular several decades before.