14: You jerk! Are you casting me aside because you have a girlfriend now?

With the name issue settled, Shizuka went back to joyously tasting the food from Madoka's extravagant homemade bento.

After Shizuka devoured two more pieces of food, Madoka placed two thermoses in front of her. "If you get thirsty I have two different types of digestive teas here."

Inwardly, Shizuka was moved by his thoughtfulness but outwardly, she shot Madoka a teasing smile. "A fancy layered bento, digestive teas, could I hope for a dessert course too?"

"There's fruit kabobs and pineapple cheesecake bars but you shouldn't speed through your lunch to get to dessert, okay? These desserts are relatively healthy but you still shouldn't have too many sweets."

Shizuka's smile cramped up ever so slightly. Not only did she fail to tease him she was nagged in return.

About a quarter of the way into the bento, Shizuka suddenly realized something, while she had been happily munching away, Madoka, whom had actually prepared all of the food, had yet to have a single bite!

She hurriedly slid the bento towards him. "Here, Madoka. Have some food too. Don't let me finish off this meal on my own!"

"You don't have to worry about finishing it all," assured Madoka, "because I made all of this just for you."

Shizuka was stunned. "You're kidding, right? Please tell me you don't actually want me to finish off all of this food alone."

"Of course not. That would be silly." Madoka laughed. "I'm more than alright with you leaving leftovers behind. It would be terrible if you had to force yourself to eat food you didn't like. However, if there are things you can't eat, please inform me in advance so I'll know which dishes not to make in the future."

Shizuka felt her temples throbbing because of the pointlessly clues boy in front of her. "This isn't a taste issue, Madoka! Everything you make is demonically delicious, as in, I'd literally sell my soul to be able to eat this food for the rest of my life but that doesn't mean I can finish this much food! I assumed you made this many portions for us to share! More importantly, if ate all of this then what were you going to eat?"

 "This isn't a taste issue, Madoka! Everything you make is demonically delicious, as in, I'd literally sell my soul to be able to eat this food for the rest of my life but that doesn't mean I can finish this much food! I assumed you made this many...

Madoka took two sandwiches out of a plastic bag that Shizuka hadn't noticed before. "These." 

Shizuka's jaw fell open. "You can't be serious."

Madoka noticed Shizuka's deteriorating expression and felt ill at ease. "Is there something wrong? You suddenly don't look that well...Shizuka."

His voice was noticeably softer and his tone more timid as he said her name but Shizuka missed this as she was so upset at him.

"You idiot!" she scolded. "Why are you having crummy store bought sandwiches when you prepared this frighteningly impressive and massive lunch spread?"

Madoka blinked. "Because I prepared all of that just for you."

Shizuka felt an overwhelming desire to shake Madoka by the shoulders. "Okay, even assuming that I could finish this all on my own, which I can't, why didn't you make a bento for yourself?"