~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣 ~

consternation
/kɒnstəˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
1. a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected.

~~~~

Ten year old Skylar Paisley sat at the front of her parents boat as they sailed through the strong waves of the sea and the wind whipped through her blonde hair.

Her parents had finally discovered an island that they had dedicated their whole life to. They spent their lives searching for this island, lost all relationships with family members and friends- they didn't even mean to have Skylar. She was a surprise but they didn't have it in them to get rid of her.

They had pulled the young girl out of school as they needed to go, the girl wasn't expecting it. She wasn't expecting her parents to frantically run into her class and drag her out without an explanation.

She misses her school friends, and for a ten year old girl she was incredibly smart and knew that her parents are too crazy about this hidden island.

'Skull island'. That's what her parents told her it was called but she just thought they were going crazy and didn't know what they was talking about.

That was until the big grey clouds came into her view- that was when she realised her parents weren't mad at all for trying to find it. But they were mad for trying to go through it.

"Brace yourselves! We have to get through this!" Her fathers voice shouted out.

The determination in his voice scared the small girl as she knew that they would not back down from this. This resulted in her pulling her frail body into a corner of the boat and holding her knees to her chest whilst clinging to the side of the boat.

She thought that she had never felt fear like this before, never been so scared of her life. No ten year should be scared for their life, she knows that.

As their boat slowly entered the storm the waves grew more viscous and slammed against the side of the boat, rocking it from side to side with such an aggressive force. Thunder struck the sea all around their boat, some how miraculously missing their small ship.

Skylar held her eyes closed and prayed that they would make it out of this alive, that her mother, father and herself would all be safe; her hair whipped in all directions and the wind felt like it would pick her body up out of the boat at any minute now.

After minutes that felt like hours of hoping and praying a warm feeling spread across her body and a cool breeze met her red, wind burnt cheeks.

She slowly opened her eyes causing her mouth to open in awe as she gazed at her surroundings. Birds flew around peacefully in the sky and fish swam beneath their boat and around them. Green trees on the land were everywhere and the grass was such a bright green whilst the sky was such a bright blue.

However, all amazement was replaced with fear when her mother rushed out of the boat and into the awaiting trees as soon as it docked.

"Judy! Wait!" Her father called out after her but no reply came to him causing him to turn to his daughter and hold her shoulders making her look up at him.

"Stay here. Okay baby? No matter what you hear, you wait for us to come back." She quickly nodded her head and watched her father trail off into the trees after her mother.

~~~

Time passed and there was still no sign of either of her parents causing the young girl to sit on a cushion that survived the storm. She played with her fingers until a loud feminine scream rang out causing Skylar's head to shoot up and small quick breaths to leave her small pink lips.