~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟩 ~

moribund
/ˈmɒrɪbʌnd/
adjective
1. (of a person) at the point of death

~~~~

The group watched as the skull crawler chucked Kong into a pile of boats which resulted in him being covered in chains.

He went to get up but found that he was stuck and the chains had wrapped them around him preventing him from moving.

The crawler slowly advanced towards Kong and stood above him- roaring in his face and its lizard like tongue extending causing Kong to turn his head to try and get away from it.

The group knew that Kong was done for and they would be next until loud gun shots echoed across the water and bullets hit the Skull crawler. Brooks and San appeared with the boat- San steering it whilst Brook fires the large weapon at the front of the boat.

James felt movement on his shoulder and knew that Skylar was responsible for it. Relief immediately filled him when he could feel her regaining consciousness and that he finally knew Packard hadn't chocked her to death right their and then.

"C'mon! Let's go!" They all sprinted towards the boat as San shouted at them.

"Come on! Hurry!" Hank jumped up onto the boat and helped everyone else climb up as Brooks continued firing.

The bullets suddenly stopped firing as a stoppage occurred causing Brooks to try and cock the weapon but nothing worked. The crawler noticed the fire had stopped and now set its sights on the boat. James gently passed Skylars awakening body over to Slivko in the boat

"Marlow! A little help here!"

"I got it! She's temperamental! Watch out!" He pulled him back and started playing around with the gun whilst the crawler now stalked forwards. Kong started breaking free from the chains as the creature approached. Whilst all this was happening Skylars eyes had now opened as she looked around her in a daze.

She saw that she was in a boat with people around her but not paying attention to her- she slowly sat up and rubbed her temples- attempting to get rid of the headache she had.

That's when she saw the giant skull crawler approaching them and her eyes widened. She knew she had to help- so far she had been nothing but dead weight.

She quickly stood up but regretted it when everything spun around her and her side protested in pain but still turned and gave the loudest whistle she could muster.

She immediately scrunched her face in pain when her throat pulsated from whistling- she didn't even try to talk, it hurt to breathe let alone speak.

The loud whistle caught the attention of everyone on the boat and James who mentally cheered at her being awake.

"Skylar!" Relief filled Slivkos voice as he saw his new friend was well but then scrunched his eyebrows.

"What was that whistle for? What animal did you call to?" She let out a soft smile and pointed to the air when an unfamiliar screech rang out. A weird looking bird came into view- no one knew what it was.

Skylar however- knew this was the 'mother' dactyl as she was the largest and watched as the bird like creature landed next to the boat. She quickly climbed onto its back and smiled softly at Conrad when she took flight.

She sat on the creatures back as it flew into the air and circled it around to get a good picture of the scene and then noticed Mason on the cliff with a flare gun in her hand. Skylar gave her a nod which Mason understood.

Mason aimed and shot- hitting it right where she wanted to- in the eye socket. It clawed at its eye- trying to get the flare out. Whilst it struggled Skylar got the dactyl to fly over the creature and claw at its other eye, making them both damaged.