~ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟪 ~

safe
/seɪf/
adjective
1. protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.

~~~~

Skylar let our painful coughs and shot up- taking deep breaths of air, she looked around and saw Kong walking off in the distance and looked in front of her and saw James.

She took notice of his hands resting on her shoulders whilst his thumbs stroked her comfortingly.

Tears filled her eyes as she recalled the chat with her father, she didn't know where her mother was but she was happy she could see one of her parents.

Sobs escaped her lips as events from the last couple of days caught up with her. More sobs escaped her lips when the jolts caused pain in her side and the tensing of her throat caused even more pain from where Packard nearly strangled her.

James pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her frame as her shoulders shook. He rubbed her back and whispered sweet nothings into her ear whilst her sobs turned into gasps for air.

He pulled back and gave her a soft look and took notice on her hand resting where the wound lays on her side.

"Is it hurting again?" He pointed over at it and she nodded her head. He pulled her hand away and saw that all the straining she had done had reopened the cut- causing a light flow of blood to escape it.

He placed her hand back over it and then looked at her purple, bruised throat. He gently rubbed his fingers over it but pulled back when she flinched.

"Can you talk?" She patted her lips and tried to say some words but a strong pain ripped through her- it felt like she had swallowed a knife. She shoot her head no and and looked at him in fear.

"It's okay- he's probably torn a couple of muscles. It hopefully won't take long to heal." She nodded her head and looked over to the left of Conrad when she heard movement.

She saw Slivko and Mills standing there and smiled at them- there was a clear look of relief on their face and she looked confused.

"Conrad was performing CPR for about fifteen minutes." Slivko said- worry clear in his voice. Skylars eyebrows raised in surprise- amazed that James didn't give up on her.

"I couldn't let you die. I couldn't." Skylar had never heard James sound so vulnerable and reached out to hold his hand- she nodded her head in thanks, receiving a smile in return.

Skylar remembered her fathers words he loves you, you know? And looked over to James. She reached out for his shirt and pulled him into her.

Her lips met his as she kissed him- for a minute she was worried he wouldn't kiss back until his lips moved in sync with hers. Explosions went off in her stomach and she smiled into the kiss.

The pulled away when Skylar became out of breath and gripped her throat from breathing too hard. Neither of them said anything to each other - they just smiled in fondness at one another whilst they rested their foreheads together.

James reached his hand up and stroked Skylars cheek and then pulled away. He saw Skylar go to stand but scrunch her face up in pain and grip her side.

"I've got you." He rushed forwards and picked up her body and brought her over to the 'ploat' as Slivko called it. James sat her down on a seat around the edge of the boat and sat next to her- placing a hand on her thigh just above her knee.

Skylar rested her head on James shoulder when the boat started to move and listened contently to the words Hank sang.

"We'll meet again. Don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day..." He went to continue but was cut of by the familiar sounds of helicopter propellers spinning through the air.