Part Thirty

Chapter Thirty

"Are you sure you don't mind us going?"

Lizzie looked up from her laptop and nodded, "of course. You'll both have a great time."

"You should come."

She shook her head, she wasn't in a rush to meet any more of his family, she'd already met Freya and Coop. Not that it was a bad thing; it was more that she needed some time away from him. She imagined his parents would be wonderful, everything that hers weren't and, she wasn't ready for it. Oscar was taking Nate to meet his parents; he was spending a night at their home in Oxford. He'd repeatedly invited her, but it was too complicated, and since their second encounter in the kitchen two nights earlier, she'd been avoiding being alone with him. He knew that. But it didn't mean he was making it easy for her.

At every opportunity he touched her, accidentally of course. Just this morning, whilst they were making breakfast, he'd brushed past her, rubbing against her back side. When she looked at him questioningly, he winked, "that's what you do to me..." Then he leaned in close, "I'm hard...ALL the time around you."

She still blushed at the memory of that, he seemed to be full on, and she had no idea how she'd deal with him full time, hence her feeling desperate for the break from him.

He was sat across from her smirking and that made her blush again.

"It's my favourite thing," his voice was humour filled.

"What?" She snapped back and that made him burst out laughing.

"Making you blush. You think that me going away for the weekend makes it easier, but this isn't going anywhere...and I will win, Lizzie. I guarantee that!"

She rolled her eyes, when he was being cocky, she could retaliate, it made it easier, "nothing in life is guaranteed, you'd better get used to that."

Oscar had thrown their bags into the car, and was waiting for Nate out on the street. Lizzie lingered in the hallway, calling out for Nate who'd disappeared into his bedroom. Finally he appeared, racing downstairs, he was excited to meet his grandparents. But as he reached the front door, he turned around and raced back to her, wrapping himself around her.

"I'm going to miss you Aunty Lizzie."

She pulled him up into her arms and covered him in kisses, "me too baby boy. You be good for your dad, ok? And have TONS of fun, you hear me?"

He nodded as she placed him back on the ground, then watched until the car had disappeared around the corner. Then she headed back inside and called Vicky. Within half an hour she was on a train to Liverpool for a girlie weekend.

It had been so long since they'd had a night out together with no curfew or responsibility, that they were determined to make the most of it. They had dinner at a small Italian restaurant near to her home with the plan to head into town after, and hitting a club or two.

As they were finishing dessert, Lizzie filling her friend in on the details of her recent trip, when her phone rang. Seeing Oscar's number she was tempted to ignore it, but then she thought about Nate, he'd probably want to say goodnight.

"I just need to take this call..." she offered apologetically before connecting. "Hello?"

It was Nate, and her heart melted, "Hey Aunty Lizzie! I just wanted to say goodnight and send you a big kiss."