Chapter 14

Ruby

Rory is twirling me around the kitchen and I feel alive. Throwing my head back I laugh, enjoying this moment of freedom. Although I've been to parties at my own school I've never truly felt alive.

"You're a bit mad," Rory laughs at me.

"Just a bit," I reply with an easy smile.

"You like Mason, don't you," he watches my reaction but I can't hide the flaming cheeks. "It's cool, I like you too."

"Thanks," I nod. "I'm sorry about getting him involved in my mess," I explain.

"Give over," he scoffs. "That wasn't a mess Ruby, don't fret about it," he smiles. "Now, ready?" he asks before I can answer I'm spun across the floor into Mason's arms.

"Hey," he smiles down at me.

My heart gives a little flutter and I'm finding it really hard to breathe around him. "Hi," I smile.

"Are you having fun?"

"Yes, can't you tell?" I flirt.

"Good, you have a pretty smile," he tells me. My mind goes back to Daniel the other day when he said the same thing.

"Thanks."

"Beer pong," someone shouts. Mason smiles at the guys over by the table and I assume by the build of them they are all football players. There's a girl walking around taking photos of everyone, she approaches us with a smile.

"Hey Mason, you guys want a pic," she asks.

"Sure," he says. He looks at me and I blink a few times because I'm not sure how this is supposed to happen. Mason wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his chest and leans his face next to mine.

"Aw, you're so cute together," the girl says then takes a photo. "I'll tag you in it," she says then flaunts away.

"I didn't know people did that," I smile at him.

"Neither did I," he winks.

My back is still pressed to his front and he doesn't move away, instead he leans against the counter bringing me with him. We watch the people play beer pong for a while until another girl approaches us. She doesn't say anything but stops next to Mason behind me. I don't want to turn around and be nosey but she's standing really close. God, why am I feeling like this?

"Didn't take you for a partier Baker," she finally comments.

"I'm not, just having some fun," he says a little clipped. "You having fun babe?" he asks, leaning closer to me.

Babe!

"Yes," I nod and look back to him. His face is blocking my view of the girl though. Pulling my phone out of the pocket in my skirt I check the time, it's already eleven.

"Where were you hiding that," Mason asks.

"My pocket," I laugh. Opening the camera, I bite my lower lip and hold it up. Mason just smiles for me, bending closer like he did already. Once I snap the photo, I save it as his contact picture.

"You need to send me that," he says quietly. "Did you get my friend request," he asks with a smile.

"No," I reply, opening my FaceBook. I see the little red circle and press on it, feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach. Once I accept him, I glance over my shoulder to find him watching me. "What?" I whisper.