Chapter Fifteen

B-beep. B-beep. B-beep. Maddie's shot out from under the covers and hit her phone repeatedly until the annoying alarm on her phone finally shut up. Knowing she needed to get both herself and her still somehow sleeping friend who was lay beside her, Maddie sat up as she shook the half vampire's shoulder "Renesmee" she called out "get up butt head, we have school in an hour and a half" she stated as she began to hit the older girl over the head with one of her pillows. Both groaning and laughing, Renesmee reluctantly opened her eyes and began to sit up "alright" she giggled as she blocked the pillow from hitting her again "I'm up!! I'm up!!". The two stood up from the bed and made their way downstairs and into the kitchen where they found both Esme and Carlisle; they greeted them happily as the woman placed a plate of toast in front of them both - the doctor was sat with a bottle of blood, reading the newspaper. Finishing her one and a half pieces of toast with Nutella, Maddie left her friend to finish her breakfast by returning her own bathroom and used the shower; she finished within five minutes and entered her room....to find two picked out outfits lay neatly on her now made bed. Rosalie and Alice must have chosen them whilst she was showering as they weren't there before. Looking over the two, Maddie found herself cringing slightly at the crop top and short skirt; she easily dismissed such an outfit and changed into option number two: a royal blue knee length dress with a thin brown belt, brown heeled ankle boots with laces and a black leather jacket. To play it safe, Maddie added a pair of very shorts black shorts to keep her modesty and dignity if the wind picked up or there was a familiar risk. Once dressed, she brushed through her hair and decided to dry it; she had naturally rather wavy hair which she both loved and hated; the teenager, once her hair was dry, added a hair product that would help with any frizz before tying some of her hair up into a high ponytail whilst leaving the rest to remain free. Now that she was ready, Maddie packed her new school bag with all her new supplies - she really didn't deserve the family she now had; they had bought her so much!! Clothes, hair products and accessories, body lotions, creams and sprays, school supplies, art supplies, several types of jewellery, delicious treats and they had even completely renovated and decorated their attic just for her!! As she closed her bag, Renesmee chose to walk through the door; she had showered, dressed, organised her own school bag and decided to see if her friend was ready. Her smile widened at the side of Maddie's stylish outfit and hairstyle "whoa Maddie, you look beautiful" she complimented; the human returned the kind smile and thanked the slightly older teenager as she threw her bag over her shoulder "not so bad yourself" she winked playfully. The pair of best friends laughed as they made their way out of the room and down the stairs to meet with the rest of the family.As they walked throughthe hallway, the girls were met by Carlisle who was making his way towards thefront door as he needed to go to work; he embraced his granddaughter as theysaid goodbye before turning towards Maddie who sent him a bright smile. He knewshe wasn't yet completely ready with full on bodily contact from males - he hadnoticed how she purposely avoided such things, other than when she was unconscious;he knew to blame her previous foster father for that. That bastard!! But hedidn't want to leave without doing something to show he wished her a good dayand that he cared for her. Stepping forth, leant towards the young human andplaced his lips gently against Maddie's forehead before moving past both girls,saying goodbye before leaving the house. What he didn't see was the small shysmile that graced his foster daughter's own lips - she was getting used tobodily contact and she was proud of herself for it. Entering the living room,the teenage girls saw that everyone else sat waiting for them; there were amultiple of compliments for their outfits of course. "You two ready forschool?" Esme asked as she handed them both some money, as well as thehealing girl enough pain medication to last her the school day; they nodded,though Maddie couldn't help but raise a brow as the five dollar's was placedwithin her hand "em...what's this for?" she asked. It shouldn't haveat this point but the question caught the family all off guard and startledthem "it's your lunch money" Rosalie explained, followed by theoldest woman who told the human to make sure that she bought a good meal; Maddiewas still confused "so this is for this week?" she asked, honestlythinking that it was. Their alarmed faces weren't very encouraging with it cameto her logic. "What?!" Emmitt exclaimed "you think five dollarsis gonna cover a week worth of school lunches?" he asked; Esme explainedthat the money she had given was to be used today "I'll give you yourlunch money every morning" she reassured. This was amazing to the youngestteenager as she put the notes into her wallet and secured it into her bag.Saying goodbye to Esme, the 'kids' left the house, split into two groups, andhopped into both the Jeep and Volvo before driving away.