67

A couple days pass and I was still stuck in Mrs

A couple days pass and I was still stuck in Mrs. White's class. My counselor hasn't talked to me about anything yet. Alec drops me off early again. I pass the boys basketball team in the gym, reaching Harry's office and I hear laughter in there. I knock and it stops, so I just walk in. Harry stood there shirtless with someone playing with a ball in the back.

"Coach, I was just wondering-" I pause and my eyes meet with the familiar ones. "Niall?" I smile widely.

"Rylee!" Niall calls me loudly and comes to hug me. "This is so crazy! Isn't this crazy?"

I laugh, pulling away from him. "How have you been?"

Harry coughs behind us and we turn to see how confused he looked. We start laughing and Niall puts his arm around me, facing Harry.

"I met her in California." Niall tells him. "She was sitting in the park alone and everything went on from there."

"You went up to Rylee and just started talking." Harry walks behind his desk, lifting up a duffle bag and sets it on the desk. "I was her coach and she barely wanted to talk to me in the beginning, even now." he says, digging through his bag.

Niall jumps then pulls his phone out. "Hey, Liam is here. I'll be right back."

Niall rushes out of the office leaving me alone with Harry. I observe the room and notice the blanket and pillow on the couch. Also, the bag he was digging in was full of clothes.

"Did you want something?" Harry asks, covering his bag.

"Uh yeah," I nod, still looking around his office. "Did you talk to my counselor? I don't think I can get another failing grade from Mrs. White and not scream at her. She really can't teach-"

"I talked to him." Harry shrugs, pulling a button up on then walks over to the couch. "He said he would talk to you and Mrs. White about it."

"Well, he hasn't."

"I can't control that, Rylee." he snaps, dropping the blanket he was folding. "I talked to him like you wanted and that's all I can do for now."

"I-I'm sorry." I cross my arms to hold myself.

"No," he breathes out heavily, sitting on the couch and rubs his face stressfully. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." he leans back with his shirt still unbuttoned. He throws his head back, closing his eyes then spoke again. "But I did talk to him."

"Okay, thank you." I nod, standing in the same spot awkwardly. "Harry,"

He lifts his head up and looks at me. Then he stands up to button up his shirt. "I have an important meeting soon, so if you don't mind." he gestures the door, but I don't move.

"Are you living in your office?" I ask.

His eyes meet mine and he bites his lip. "She kicked me out for the night." he tells me. "But only for the night, so don't worry."