Worries

Sheldon's pov

5 months it's been 5 months,  just around 4 months left. That's how long Amy has been pregnant I still can't believe this. I already know that it's a boy and Amy keeps saying that I'm worrying too much.  I don't see it though.

"Sheldon are you coming to bed? You have to go to work tomorrow!" Amy yelled to me from the bedroom.

I entered the room my beautiful wife laying in bed, I climbed in next to her. I snuggled next to her and put my hand on her baby bump. Soon she fell asleep but I had huge troubles falling asleep. I was tossing and turning for hours. I'm pretty sure that I was sweating.

"What is going on?" Amy woke up questioning me

"I feel like I forgot to lock the door"

"I'm sure it's fine no one is going to break in."

"You don't know that anything could happen. I need to go check and make sure it's locked."

"Whatever, I need some chips" she said

"Why, are you really that hungry?"

"It's your son that makes me hungry"

We went into the living room and I went to check the door while Amy went to go get some chips. And as I suspected the door wasn't locked so I decided to lock it.

"Shoot!!"

"What's wrong?" Amy asked

"What if someone breaks into Lenard and Penny's apartment and steals the key to our apartment?!"

"In what chance will that happen?"

"It's a small chance, but still it could happen"

"The person that would break in probably wouldn't go for the key and if they did, they wouldn't know what it's for"

"Fine but I am going to use the spare key to lock their door"

I went over to 4a to lock the door, because if someone kidnapped Amy I wouldn't just be loosing her but my son as well. I started walking back to our apartment when I saw someone walking up so I rushed into the apartment and locked it quickly I looked at Amy as she looked at me wondering what was wrong with me.

"Okay, lets go back to bed now" I said

We went to the bedroom again but we didn't even get a chance to climb into bed because there was someone knocking at the door. Who would come over at this time of night?

"Sheldon did you see anyone in the hallway?"

"I don't think so" I lied

Amy went to the door anyways. Crap I need to keep her away from the door.

"Where are you going" even though I knew where she was going.

"To answer the door of course"

"NO! Let me, you need to sleep"

"I'm fine"

I went anyways and got in front of her to answer the door while she went to get a glass of water. I looked through the pep hole normally I wouldn't do that but who knows who would be here at this time of night. As I looked through it I saw none other but the annoying Barry Kripke, God did I hate that guy. I opened the door anyways.

"Sheldon?!" Barry questioned me

"Kripke what are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to Amy since I just figured out that she moved here, what are you doing here?"

"I live here, wait why do you want to see her?"

"Well I haven't seen her lately at work and I wanted to ask her out."

I closed the door so it was just me and Barry outside in the hall.

"Listen here Kripke you are talking about my wife"

"What?! Since when?"

"Since 9 months ago"

"OH, well why hasn't she been at work lately?"

"She's on maternity leave now just leave Kripke."

"So you knocked her up to marry you?"

"What? No it was an accident, but I'm happy it happened"

"Sheldon!!" Amy shouted

Amy opened the door and realized I was talking to Kripke.

"Barry, what are you doing here?"

He looked at her lovingly than looked at her baby bump. This guy really needs to back off.

"...uh... I came to congratulate you on the baby"

"Oh thanks but at this time? Sheldon come on you can talk to Kripke tomorrow"

We said our goodbyes as I glared at him telling him that she was mine. Amy looked at me awkwardly.

"Should we go to bed now?"

"Yes, what did Kripke really want?"

"To ask you out" I said angrily

"I'm surprised he didn't know we were married, and that we were going to have a baby. No wonder he looked at my belly weirdly"

"I wouldn't be surprised if he knocked a girl up"

"Why?"

"He thought the reason we got married was because I got you pregnant"

"Well, you proved him wrong didn't you"

"Yea" I said as I went to hug her and caress her baby bump.

"There is another matter we need to talk about"

"Which is?" I asked as I was feeling our son kick.

"Your drivers license comes in use in a couple of months" she said as she rubbed her belly

I knew what she was talking about, she wanted me to drive her to the hospital when she went into labor. "No, who will be there to comfort you then"

"Sheldon I think I will be fine, but we need a way to get to the hospital"

"So we make Leonard and Penny take us"

"I guess we can do that"

"You are so cute" I simply said to her

She smiled and I kissed her forehead. I knew going to the hospital was another story, but it still wasn't for a while. We just had to appreciate this miracle while it lasts.