Chapter 26 ~ Always with the Pie

Episode: Season 2, All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 1

We stopped at a diner on our way to our next case while I sat up in the backseat. Resting my elbows on either headrest, I smirked over at Sam.

"Told you'd he'd pick a diner," I said knowingly and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah but Parker, he always does. That's not saying much," he told me and I shrugged.

"Wait, wait, were you guys betting on me?! I don't always pick a diner, you know," Dean grumbled from the front seat and Sam and I shared a look.

"Uh, yeah, you do, Dean," Sam told him.

"I mean, come on, would it kill you to go to a McDonald's every once in a while?" I asked, slapping him on the arm, "They do have pies there, you know!"

"They're not good enough!" he shouted and I rolled my eyes.

He glared at the both of us and waved a hand dismissively at his little brother before handing him some money, "Don't forget the extra onions this time, huh?"

"Dude I'm the one who's gonna have to ride in the car with your extra onions," Sam whined and I arched an eyebrow.

"Seriously? Try riding in the back seat when he's had bean dip!" I said, throwing my hands up in exasperation for emphasis.

Dean smirked, nodding while Sam got out. The car door slammed behind him.

"Hey, see if they got any pie," he called after him and I rolled my eyes playfully as Sam glared at him before walking off, "Bring me some pie!"

"Always with the pie," I muttered under my breath.

A finger was stuck in my face then and I batted it away, "Don't you talk about my pie, Parksy,"

"Quit calling me that, doofus!" I stuck my tongue out and he waved me off.

"Love me some pie..." he sighed, turning up the music.

The radio began to flicker in and out, replacing the music every few seconds with static. He hit the dial once and it hummed back to life. I rolled my eyes at his triumphant little smirk before we both glanced back up at the diner. But it was empty!

"Dean, where did Sam go?" I asked him, eyeing the empty window.

We both rushed out of the Impala and into the diner then but Sam was nowhere to be found. Dead bodies littered the floor, lying in pools of blood on the linoleum. I stepped over one while we both called out for Sam. Dean found some sulfur then and we both shared a glance. Demons took Sammy.