Chapter 40 ~ A New Face

It had been 2 weeks since I last saw Sam and Dean. And those green eyes haunted my every dream at night, no, not even that - but all of my waking thoughts, too. It was like a disease or an illness. So I distracted myself with hunting. I took down spirits, demons - pretty much anything to take my mind off my own vampirism. But the bloodlust was hard - that and thoughts of Dean were my constant battles.

Two things I desperately tried to keep my mind off of. I finally learned to be extra careful around strangers in bars, though. That was one lesson I had learned the hard way on. In fact, this time I sat in a booth towards the back, casually drinking my beer as I eyed the other occupants of the bar. There was one guy in particular I had my eye on. A girl latched onto his arm, laughing ridiculously over something he said.

She must have been drunk, though because he was one of the ugliest men I'd seen. Smirking, he led her out of the building and after slamming down a 10-dollar bill onto the table, I followed after them. When I exited the bar, I immediately grabbed the stake from the inner pocket of my jacket. Just then, I heard a scream from the girl and I ran in the direction of the sound. He had her pinned up against a building, fangs at the ready. Grabbing him off her, I slung him to the ground.

The girl screamed again, running off down the alley. He shoved me away, making me fall to the ground. Picking myself up off the hard ground, I kicked him backwards before plunging the stake deep into his chest. He let out a groan before falling dead onto the ground. I let out a sigh, blowing a stray tendril of hair from my forehead. Someone clapped suddenly behind me and I whipped around to see a brunette guy in his mid-20's leaning up against the building.

I gripped the bloodied stake tightly in my hand, ready to use it on him if necessary.

"Whoa, whoa, hold up, little Dracula!" he smirked, putting his hands up in surrender.

I pursed my lips at the nickname. He pushed himself off the wall, his lean form making its way to me. I took a hesitant step back, not taking my eyes off him.

"What do you want?" I growled.

He shrugged, "I just want to talk, Parker Martinez,'

My blood suddenly went cold...or, rather colder than it already was since I was technically dead.

"How do you know my name?" I snapped, eyes hardening at the stranger.

He was silent a moment, tongue flicking out over his lips in thought before replying.

"Why don't you come with me and then I'll tell you?" he asked instead of answering my question.

I titled my head, eyes narrowing.

"Why? So you can eat me?" I challenged and he let out a deep laugh.

"Sure, because everyone eats vampires, right?" he said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Why don't you just leave?" I bit out.

The man shrugged again before turning around to walk off down the alley.

"Okay. I guess you won't know the truth about your mother then," he called over his shoulder as he began to walk off.

My eyes widened slightly, "My mother? What are you talking about?"

He ignored me though, continuing to make his way down the alley. Briefly debating silently in my head, I made a snap decision and ran after him. I grabbed his wrist and spun him back around. He had blue eyes and there was a mischievous twinkle in them as he glanced down at me.

"Does that mean you're coming?" he asked and finally I sighed, nodding.

"Good. I was hoping I wouldn't have to come back again to get you." he said before grabbing my wrist and propelling me down the alleyway.

As I looked up at the man beside me, I suddenly worried I had made a mistake by agreeing. Gosh, I hope I hadn't.