Chapter 33 ~ Bela Not Lugosi

Episode: Season 3 - Bad Day at Black Rock Pt. 2

My eyes widened at her. Her hair was short and dark, too dark to be real. It looked more like a wig if you asked me. Her eyes were light blue and she smiled down at Sam.

"Yeah. Yeah, sure. Thanks," he mumbled to her as she re-filled his cup with coffee.

She kept going though and it spilled over the mug, dark liquid running out over the table. Sam tried to assure her it was fine but she fussed over it, wiping it up with a towel. After she was done, she shot him a small smile briefly before turning away, towel in hand. I arched an eyebrow and cleared my throat.

"So is it just me or did she look like Rose from The Vampire Diaries?" I spoke up and both boys looked at me.

"What? Didn't she though? Granted, the wig was throwing me off a bit," I shrugged, sipping on my own cup of Joe.

"Wig?" Dean asked in confusion and I nodded, shrugging.

"A girl just knows these things," I replied.

Dean smirked, "Like a girl has no name?"

I burst out laughing and Sam shot me a strange look, silencing me completely. Wait, did I just laugh at something Dean said?! I shook the thought away, looking down at the table. Just then, Sam made a grab for his mug and it slipped out of his hands, making him spill all over himself. He got up out of his seat but when he did, he ran into a waiter. The food on the tray he'd held went flying into the air and the man fell down.

Dean and I looked up at Sam in surprise.

"Luck might be gone," Dean sighed.

"Yup." I agreed, taking another sip of my coffee as Sam emptied his pockets.

No rabbit foot. The three of us headed back out to the Impala before getting back out on the road. We headed to a thief named Grossman who gave us a name, Bela Lugosi. Dean phoned Bobby then and he informed us it was actually Bela Talbot, a woman who stole and sold supernatural items to wealthy clients. We were headed to her apartment to pay a little visit when Sam called out to us. Dean and I turned back around to see a forlorn Sam.

"What?" I asked and he frowned.

"I lost my shoe..." he trailed off.

Dean rolled his eyes and I shook my head, smiling at poor Sammy. We left Sam at a motel in hopes that maybe he wouldn't hurt himself while the both of us left to go find Bela. It didn't take long. She was at an apartment in Queens. We stole back the rabbit's foot and fetched Sam before heading to a cemetery to go burn it like Bobby instructed.

"All right. Say goodbye, wascally wabbit," Dean smirked, holding the foot over the fire we'd created.

The sudden cocking of a gun made us all whip around. Behind us stood Bela, gun pointed straight at us. I frowned.

"I think you'll find that belongs to me. Or, you know, whatever. Put the foot down, honey," she smiled, making my frown deepen.

"No. You're not gonna shoot anybody. See, I happen to be able to read people. Okay, you're a thief, fine, but you're not-" he started when Bela pulled the trigger.

A bullet flew out of the chamber, shooting Sam in the shoulder. He groaned, falling backwards onto the ground and I rushed over to my fallen friend.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, helping him to a sitting position.

He nodded wearily and I glared up at Bela.

"Back off, tiger, back off! You make one more move and I'll pull the trigger," she bit out when Dean tried to take a step closer to her, "You've got the luck, Dean. You I can't hit. But your brother? The girl? Them I can't miss,"

I stood up then, marching over to her, "Honey, you want a piece of me? You just try it and see what happens!"

Dean grabbed me from behind, pulling me back from a grinning Bela. I kicked out with my feet, struggling to break free of his grasp. Finally, I just quit fighting it, breathing heavily as I glared daggers at her.

"What is wrong with you?! You don't just go around shooting people like that!" Dean shouted at her.

"Relax! It's a shoulder hit. I can aim. Besides, who here hasn't shot a few people?" she shrugged, "Put the rabbit's foot on the ground now,"

"Alright! Alright... Take it easy," Dean grumbled, beginning to do as she bid him when he threw it to her, "Think fast!"

She caught it easily and cursed when it dawned on her that she'd touched it.

"Now, what do you say we destroy that ugly piece of dead thing?" he asked her.

Reluctantly, she threw the rabbit's foot onto the fire.

"Thanks very much. I'm out one-and-a-half million and on the bad side of a powerful, psychotic buyer," she complained.

"Wow, I really don't feel bad about that. Sam? Parker?" Dean whistled before calling over to us.

"Nope," Sam said, popping the 'p'.

"Not even a little." I shrugged.

Bela left then and just a few minutes later, the three of us were heading back to the Impala.

"Well, I guess we're back to normal now, huh? No good luck, no bad luck. Oh!" he said before reaching into his jacket pocket, "Forgot, we're up $46,000. I almost forgot about the...scratch tickets..."

Just then, a car drove by honking. Bela's car. Dean frowned before cussing. As we got back into the Impala and Dean started up the engine, I let out a gasp.

"Parker, what is it?" Sam asked in concern, looking back at me.

"I just realized who she looks like!" I said in excitement, "Maggie from the Walking Dead!"

Both boys just rolled their eyes as we sped down the road.

"No, but seriously! She did! I should've asked her about Glenn's death..."

"Parker!"

"What? Too soon?"