Chikara

It was Friday, June 24, 3938. Experiment (114202677934) P-K17X-Q, known to her handler and friends as Chikara, was eighteen years old. She awoke to the 6:00 alarm, as always, and the lights activated automatically, as always. Opening her blood-red eyes, she stood up, ready for the new day. Chikara was of rather short stature, with a head a bit large for her body. She brushed her long, indigo hair, taking great care around her tall, pointed ears atop her head, which still kept their natural red-orange color. Her skin was extremely pale, having never been exposed to natural light. Standing before a wall-mounted mirror in her plain white underwear, she gave herself a sharp-toothed grin and caressed her long, fluffy tail. Mostly red-orange with white at the tip, Chikara's tail was half as long as the entire rest of her body, and she took great pride in it. Below the waist, Chikara was mostly covered with fur, but otherwise appeared human, except for her fox-like feet.

The standard outfit worn by the experiments was a simple white gown, but Chikara found it dull and boring. It was not technically against the rules for the experiments to deviate from standard appearances, but handlers were discouraged from allowing it, although not all of them cared. Chikara's handler encouraged her to express herself, and she accomplished this in part by wearing a variety of outfits, which her handler was happy to provide. On this day, Chikara selected a short black dress, long black and violet striped thigh-high stockings, and black boots.

At 6:05, her handler and two armed guards arrived at her small room. Her handler, Sai Miyahara, cared deeply for Chikara and regarded her as a daughter. She checked Chikara's physical and mental condition, and then told her to have fun, before leaving at 6:15. Most experiments did not have armed escorts, as the majority were fairly harmless and submissive. Chikara, however, was deemed to be a strong potential danger. The two armed guards then escorted Chikara to the cafeteria.

After receiving her food, which was a bland, vitamin-enriched, grey slime, Chikara sat down at a table between two other experiments. One of them was the female human/bat hybrid (114202677933) P-V705X-S, or Yoko, as she was called. The other was the male human/cat hybrid (114202677935) P-N51Y-Q, otherwise known as Reinaldo. Chikara regarded them much like siblings. Also sitting at the table were experiments known by the names of Mirienna, Santiago, and Norabel. Reinaldo was attracted to Norabel, but Chikara and Yoko usually ignored her. All of them ignored Santiago. Every experiment in the facility actively avoided any sort of interaction whatsoever with Mirienna.

Yoko was rather tall and she had golden brown skin, brown hair, and bright yellow eyes. Her ears resembled those of a bat, and she had sharp fangs. She also had wings growing from her back, although she never used them. Reinaldo was about the size of an average house cat. He had very pale skin, dark brown hair, and green eyes. His ears and tail resembled those of a cat, and they were covered with fur.

Mirienna briefly glanced in the direction of Chikara, who looked away, actively avoiding eye contact. Chikara looked around at some of the other experiments. Shugo, Lucifer, Kayani, Devereaux, Richard, Ozul, Hanusia, and Neomonni all seemed like potential friend candidates. She pondered as to whether today would be a day on which she would make an attempt to become friends with them, which she had attempted in the past. She evaluated that it was not worth the effort. Norabel and Santiago had potential, but would require more work than she had patience for at the time. She decided to ignore them and started daydreaming.

With a deft motion, Norabel slipped off her shoes and stood up, her blue eyes ablaze with determination. "Comrades, unite!" her voice rang out, carrying a fervor that demanded attention. In a daring leap, she landed gracefully on the table, her bright blue dress swaying with the movement. It was adorned with delicate white frills and featured a pale blue bow adorning her chest. Her arms were encased in long, sky-blue sleeves, their ends adorned with pristine white cuffs, while white stockings accentuated her legs. Her long, flowing blond hair cascaded down her back, held in place by a crisp white bow, and a pale blue collar adorned her neck, adding a touch of elegance to her ensemble. "The time to overthrow our oppressors is now! We can win, but only together! Alone, they can defeat us with ease, but united, they cannot stop all of us! Please, join me!"