Chapter 2

"Well,have you found anything yet?" Detective Lupo asked as he entered the small laboratory where he saw Luna Canis reading a newspaper, completely ignoring the body beneath the bloodstained cloth. "Miss Canis, this is no time to-"
"Mr Lupo, read this" Luna cut him off, thrusting the paper into her comrade's hands.

" Severn escapes!

The Ruthless and dangerous criminal, Charles Severn, has recently escaped from Burrsbry County Asylum. He is most famous for being the one responsible for the deaths of Caterina, William,  Maria and Richard Severn . There have been reports that this escaped madman has been spotted in The city of Ruthwood, and the nearby town of Foxmoore."

"you don't think that he could have done this?" the Detective asked, looking dead straight into the young woman's eyes. "Maybe, but Lupo, think about it. Near Foxmoore, Ruthwood City!" Luna exclaimed.
"I think we should search for more evidence. We've only solved a part of the puzzle." 

"Where's Dean?" Luna asked as the pair ascended to the second floor of Rosethorn Manor, passing doors, each decorated with ten roses.
"Day off." Lupo replied,lacking hesitation. They both pulled on a pair of ivory white gloves as they entered the crimescene for the second time that month. The white outline of where Jonathan Francois Jr had previously bled a constant reminder of their mission. Shattered glass glittered in the sunlight, blood staining the shards red like the stained glass of the nearby church.
A small, torn watercolour painting  of a girl, no younger than 15 was laid on the floor; her hazel hair lying on her shoulders, her lagoon blue eyes even more piercing against the contrast of her charcoal grey gown. At the bottom of the picture, a name was signed. As much of an indecipherable scrawl as it was, the duo was able to figure out who it was: Charles Severn.

"Lady Francois, do you have any idea who this girl could be?" the Detective asked inquisitively  as he handed the painting to the prestigious woman.
Lady Francois inhaled sharply, covering her mouth with her thin, ghost-white fingers. "Lucy..." she dabbed her eyes with the handkerchief she had been keeping in close proximity  to her hand. "That's my daughter, Lucia. She and Jonny used to play with our neighbour's children."
Lupo furrowed his brow. "Could you tell me their names?"
"I believe they were called...Maria, she was the oldest....Um, Richard, he was the middle child, and the youngest was.....Charles! Yes! Little Charlie. He had the closest bond with Lucy and Jon." The middle aged lady smiled at her memory. "Lucia was the youngest. They used to call her...little Lucy."
"When was the last time you saw your daughter?" Lupo asked, Luna taking notes.
"Her last year of boarding school. She was seventeen, and she never came back. She didn't even send a letter" the lady was in tears once more.
"Thank you, lady Francois. I understand how much this sort of talk can upset you." The good lady nodded, wiping her eyes with the afformentioned satin handkerchief. Before the duo could leave, once again did the lady pipe up "I can remember.... When Lucia went missing, Charles blamed Jon for it, and they fought. The last time I saw him he was wreckless."
"Thank you for this information." Lupo responded after a while.