Chapter 4

"How are we going to track him down?" Luna asked, watching the Detective pacing up and down the interrogation room. That was the question on her, Edward and Dean's mind throughout the next week. "The sniffer dog?" Dean suggested, looking at the young German Shepherd laid under the table. "We have nothing with his scent on it" Lupo dismissed.
"Further interrogate Mr Severn?" Luna asked.
"Miss Canis,  I like the way you think!" Lupo smiled. "Dean, go find Madame Blanc."
Dean walked out, followed by Duchess the sniffer dog.
"Miss Canis, go find Hendrik."

Officer Hendrik Marlin slammed his first down on the interrogation table. "WHY DID YOU KILL 'IM?" he shouted.
"Officer, no need to shout" Dean said, looking at Lupo. "I've told you. Carlton made me." Charles spat, no longer struggling in his handcuffs.
"Mr Severn, if you don't mind my asking, Who is Carlton?" Lupo asked, examining the pipe that he had made Dean stop smoking before the interrogation.
"Y...You don't know who he is?" The madman went up in a roar of laughter. "You.....are a detective...and you don't know who he is?"
"JUST ANSWER THE MAN, YER LUNATIC!" Hendrik shouted. "Officer Marlin!" Luna scolded upon her entry to the room, followed by Madame Blanc.  "I apologise, Doctor, Madame." Hendrik half hung his head. "Anyway, Monsieur, Could you tell me what Zis Carlton man  looks like?" madame Blanc asked, pulling out a pencil and clutching her sketchbook. The madman rapidly nodded. "He's tall, at least 6"7, and he has eyes, bloodshot eyes that are black as pitch. His hair, short, straight, hidden under the shadows of his black top hat. His jaw could cut through stone, as could his gaze. His hands, forever stained with the blood of the innocent" Charles spent hours describing the fiend, Madame Blanc sketching the shadowed face of the mystery. Through the thick glass, the four watched as the small French woman showed the loon the Sketch, causing him to nod violently and scream, looking in unbearable pain. Suddenly, a tap on the door was audible. Mrs Morris was stood with Lucia, her hair in an intricate bun, adorned she was in a feather grey dress. "Miss Francois, he is in there" Luna said, pointing to the glass. "I wouldn't recommend entering, he currently isn't very tranquil." Lupo said as Lucia ran through the door and hugging Charles Tight. Madame Blanc exited elegantly, handing Dean the Sketch before leaving, following Mrs Morris. Dean stared at the sketchbook, furrowing his brow and handing it over to Lupo, who looked at it with Miss Canis peering over his shoulder. "He's coming for Charles."  Lucia said, walking up to the young detective. "anyone who tells of him get killed. And the one they are closest to, sometimes."
"Luna, do you still have that wig?" Lupo asked.

"This will never work" Luna growled to Lupo. "Of course it will! This plan is foolproof." Lupo smiled, tying Charles' singed tie around his neck. "You two can stay in Dean's cellar, we've already got the thumbs up from the missus" Lupo's grin rivalled the Cheshire Cat. Dean nodded in agreement. "As long as you're quiet, beginning when Thom and Polly are asleep, uverwise Nanc'll 'ave your 'ead"
Lupo hid a pistol in his pocket, Luna's among the folds in her dress. "I still don't believe this will work, detective. He's a master criminal, he has probably avoided this a million times before." Lucia reasoned, looking at Charles. "Don't worry your pretty little head, Miss Francois. I was the head of my field in disguises back in London." Lupo smiled, pulling Charles' torn hat onto his head. "Lupo, you forgot this." Luna said, throwing an unruly black wig in his face. "Thank you." Lupo said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

The Duo of Luna and Lupo walked through the midnight streets, a pistol and a cold blade in pocket and dress folds. The two walked through every street of the town, the flicker of the flames within the streetlamps illuminating their faces, shadows defining each crevice. "How Foolish of you to walk the streets at the witching hour." a raspy voice echoed eerily through the street. "Carlton?" Lupo asked in his most Manic voice he could muster. The echo laughed evilly. "You idiot. He is the one that I paid to force your murderous 'habit'" Luna,probably the best actor of the two, blurred the line between acting and emotion. Our fearless protagonist wrapped his fingers around the handle of the Piston. "Don't bother trying. I can't die, sir, and I have the bullet holes to prove it." The rasping voice continued, the shadow now standing still. Lupo furrowed his brow and strained his dark eyes to see who this eery figure was. He laughed with the voice of a banshee before stepping into the lamplight. A Phantom pale man, just skin and bone with sallow grey eyes, Dark shadows pertruding beneath his eye. He was hunched over slightly, his hair ebony at the roots, silver ghost-white by the end.  "Hello, detective" He smiled.