Cuddles

You were fast asleep in your bed when you felt it. Jerome had snuck over to your side of the bed and was trying to nestle in behind you.

"What are you doing?" You asked, causing Jerome's arm to freeze where it was hovering above your side.

"C'mon, gorgeous. I just wanna cuddle with my babygirl," he whined.

You huffed and rolled over to face him.

"How come whenever I wanna cuddle you push me off and are all 'I'm a big toughie, I don't snuggle', but when you wanna cuddle, I'm just supposed to drop everything and accept it?" You complained, this not being the first time the two of you had had this particular argument.

"Y/N..." Jerome pleaded.

"No. Tell me," you demanded. Jerome sighed and looked down at his hands nervously.

"You were supposed to be asleep. You weren't supposed to know," he defended. "Look, I don't wanna show affection because I don't want to look weak. I don't want anyone to think that they can walk all over me because I like to spoon sometimes."

You gave him a hard look.

"Okay, all the time," he amended. "I just don't want you to think less of me."

"Jerome, I would never look down on you, especially for something like that. If anything, it makes me like you more, like you can be more than just a tough body. It makes me love you more," you admitted.

"You just said—"

"I love you Jerome. Now let's cuddle."

And without another word, you rolled back over and took his top arm, hooking it around your waist. Lost for words, Jerome followed your lead and pulled you back into his body.

You two fit perfectly together, like two pieces of the same puzzle. Your head was tucked securely beneath his chin and your legs tangled comfortably.

You didn't really expect Jerome to say it back. He wasn't ready to be that open yet, and you knew that. But you wanted him to know how you feel just the same.

Jerome kissed you on the top of your head, disturbing some stray hairs. Your eyelids fluttered shut in contentment and you sighed, easing back into your boyfriend completely.

And when he thought you had slipped off into slumber, you heard him mumble into your hair:

"I love you too."

-------------------------------------------
Word Count: 390
Vote and comment! Requests are open.
Gingy