Chapter 36

Miki's POV

You know, I should never be the illegitimate daughter of Earl Linux. I should be only a resident in a mountain village. That's what the world told me. Everything goes wrong because 'Miki' and that important person died, making me take those roles.

There's a price to pay for taking their roles. So they'll definitely visit me next time. It's not easy to partake those roles.

I gone back to eating my brownie and quietly stared at him.

He's digesting all the information I just told him. He'll never question me without thinking. 

Looks like I'm starting to get sleepy...

No, I cannot let myself sleep. I have a feeling it will come. I have to wait, even to give up my precious one day sleep. But not on the second day, since it's my life.

"So all in all, we're breaking our roles?"

"Not me, but you are. I'm still taking my role seriously"

I just have to be lazy but at the same time, I have to work behind the scenes. I may not look like I'm working, but I'm all prepared for that annoying conflict. I just used some of my free time of creating those things again when I was younger.

And as far as I know, his role changed. His no longer the helper of the antagonist, but a helper of mine.

'I can't do this on my own' is what the world thinks. That's why they send Ian to be my support in the shadows. I think he knows this now yet he didn't asked why I followed the instructions of the world itself. He's really strange.

I stared back at him and tilted my head. It's my way of asking 'what' in a lazy term.

"You're sleepy aren't you? I bet you're waiting for something"

To be able to read my emotions is rare. I just kept my blank expression, yet he was able to deduce it perfectly. If I was a child, I would get it since my expression would slip out in my eyes, but now, it doesn't slip out.

The only one who can read my emotions is my past life's brother and him. Though the one who knows me best is him. My brother died in an early age. 

"Well, I know everything about you. When you're shy you get tsundere, when you're hungry to possessive, when angry you became a sadist..."

I can no longer listen to him. I getting to feel more sleepy because of his talking.

I can sleep any moment...

***

Looks like I fell asleep on his talking. I slept too deep that I didn't notice I was sent back to my room.

Looks like Ian sent me back to the chemistry room when no one was around and Luke sent me back to my home to my room

I slept for 8 hours? It already 1 am

I quite tired after all. All I want is to laze around yet this world keeps hindering it.

I suffered too much in my old world yet my simple wish was ignored and it still wants me to do something very hard. Looks like the world really is a greedy being.

"You waited? Looks like you did you're role well, Miki"

Finally, the world's representative came. It appeared in front of me. I still felt sleepy so I looked to my window while watching the moon.

Without waiting any longer I stick to my objectives.

"Keep my family and those important to me safe and alive"

"It's a bit hard, but sure. It still can't be compare to yours. Anything else you want?"

Good. I can finally not let myself die for them. 

I still want to live and die peacefully. It rest my heart to finally know that they can be still safe in the future. Still, I have to be careful...

If they broke this, I'll broke mine. Simple as ever.

I will be the one who will end the curse. They keep my family alive.

A give and take situation it is.

"The one who can control my fate is none other than me. Not you, the world, not anybody. It's me"

It may be a sentence but it's what I really desire.