CHAPTER 2

I've been in my house for about a week now. And I have run out of things to do. The bat I saved seemed to have grown attached to me as it won't remove itself from my baggy trackies.

I thought about doing gardening, even gave it an attempt and found I really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.. The dirt reminded me to much of the countless graves I had dug for my fallen comrades in arms, my friends, family. and i think thats why ive made it grow on me, so i remember all the lives that were in my control and under my protection that were killed, it made me remember them. by now i had a lovely little garden that was filled with forgetmenots and bluebells as well as lavender. mint grew in barrels with tonnes of other worldly sorts of spices and veggies like a betarroot half carrot and half beetroot.

Shaking my head I made myself a cup of tea the kettle squealing reminding me of the happy faces of the people who awaited their loved ones on the platforms from the train and the almost sadned looks of saying good bye to friends on the trains home. i never had much luck on the side of love i was always semi awkward around guys, although i dont really know why, i mean i had tons of male friends but no one ever really took the time to get to know me or even really love me as in romeo and juliet kind of way.

Smiling sadly at the thought I was brought back to reality with a curt knock on The door.

Setting my mug on the table I cracked it wide open finding someone I least expected.

"JOEY!!! Omg what are you doing all the way out hear." I squealed embracing him into a hug. it felt nice to see another familiar face.. and as i said before friends not lovers.

He laughed hugging me back.

"Well it took me long enough to find you."

I gave him a quizzical expression before walking him into the living room.

"Do you want a cup of anything?"I offered whilst reaching to grab my mug, he shook his head no and sat down on the couch.

"So how have you been. I haven't seen you in like....' I counted the month on my fingers. '6months"

He laughed again rubbing the back of his neck. That's when I knew something was up. he never acted nervouse unless something important was involved..

"Why did you come joe, is something wrong?" i asked motherly

I sat down on the couch and got comfortable.

"No no nothing's wrong." but His blue eyes betrayed him and told another story.

"Mmmhmm" I said getting into a better position with my elbow on my knees watching him as i took a sip from my cup.

His face paled at my action which contrasted with his short spiky blonde hair that I had made him cut 6 months before hand. seems he like the new look.

"Look it's just that I, i... How do you do it? How are you able to continue with your life as if nothing ever happened. With out the horrors returning to you whenever you sleep or flinch at any loud noise." His eyes were so full of pain and suffering I eased back a little.

"I can't." Was all I said resting back into my couch and sipping my tea as we both watched each other with close eyes.

" i cant say that i want them to stay but i also dont want them to go too you know, its a part of me..." i explained further earning a slight nod in agreement.