Chapter 27

"How is she doctor?" Arnav asked worriedly to the doctor who was checking an unconscious Ruhaana.

"She is fine. Fainted due to shock!" The doctor said and went after prescribing some medicines.

"Nannav, I have informed the police!" NK informed and Arnav nodded his head.

Lavanya looked at her friends who were looking hell worried. Aman and Payal were pale and stood numb not knowing how to react. Aashi, their daughter, is missing and Ruhaana was found unconscious behind the bushes.

Pari (Ruhaana) came to consciousness and everyone surrounded her.

"Pari....my angel, please tell us...where is Aashi?" Arnav asked in broken voice and others also asked the same but Ruhaana sat numb looking at everyone with her big round eyes.

"Pari....please...only you can tell us. Where did that aunty take Aashi?" Aman begged and Ruhi said, "She can't speak. She won't tell us!"

"Ruhaana, please SPEAK UP!" Arnav shouted in frustration but Ruhaana sat on the bed shifting her eyes at everyone.

It was then they all heard a familiar giggle.

Everyone looked at each other and Adi shouted, "This is Aashi's voice!"

Everyone ran towards the direction of the giggle and to their utter surprise, they saw Aashi with a lady sitting in the terrace and giggling.

"Aashi!" Payal screamed and ran to her daughter. Lifting her in her arms, Payal showered her with kisses. "Amma..." Aashi squealed and kissed her mother.

Everyone walked to the lady and Aman asked angrily, "Who are you? And how dare you take away from daughter?"

Lady looked at everyone in surprise and said, "I didn't take away your daughter. You people called me here!"

"I never called for any caretaker. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" Aman roared.

The lady looked at him angrily and said, "Listen Mr. Mathur, yesterday evening it was you who called me and asked me to come here today evening as the caretaker of your daughter Aashi." She took out her cell and showed them the call records. "Isn't this your number Mr. Mathur?"

Aman took her cell and looked at the number.

Yes! It was indeed his number in the received call list of the lady.

"But I never called you!" Aman said and the lady huffed in anger.

Payal took Aman's cell phone from his pocket and checked the dialled numbers. She dialled the number whom he had called yesterday evening and the lady's cell began ringing.

"So, am I lying Mr. Mathur?" She asked.

Aman looked at his phone and said to his friends, "Guys, honestly, I never called for any caretaker."

"Then who called me from your cell phone?" the lady asked angrily, "Mr. Mathur, I don't have time for all this nonsense. I'm going!" She said and stormed out when Aman said, "Listen, Ms."

"Sheila" she said.

"Ms. Sheila, I'm so sorry! There is some confusion. Honestly, I didn't call you. My daughter doesn't need caretaker. Someone has fooled you. I'm so sorry!" Aman apologized.

Sheila nodded and walked out.

Everyone looked at each other.

"Yesterday evening I was at hospital!" Aman said.