Last Chapter

London

10.30 pm

Sitting on his big bed, he gazed at the photograph they had taken during his India visit, His lips curved to a smile seeing the photo. He noticed that he looks good even though he was very weak when the pic was taken.

Realizing that it's late, Adi kept the photo aside on his bed table along with many photographs of his parents and siblings and lied down on the bed.

It's been six years.

Glancing at the clock he counted the hours.

One and half hours!

After one and half hours, it's his sixth death anniversary!

"I have committed a lot of sins Adi and I'm paying for that. I know I don't deserve to be forgiven but once....for once, please call me papa....for once hug me with the same affection you have for Aman....just for once...consider this to be my last wish......"

Closing his eyes tightly he whispered, "I hated you all those years but those few weeks I spent with you washed my hatred away.....I miss you dad....I love you like I love my papa....I want to hug you like I hug my papa.....and I miss you dad....."

"LEAVE ME...."

Anjali Jha shouted at the top of her voice as she was brought forcefully into Shantivan. The men refused to leave her and shoved her in front of Arnav.

Anjali stood up and saw Arnav, Aman, NK, Payal, Khushi and La standing before her. Behind them she could see Nani and Mami along with a weak Akash.

She turned to her left and looked at her husband who was equally sweating as her.

"Long time Mrs. Jha...." Arnav smirked.

Anjali looked at them with narrowed eyes. "Why did you bring us here?" She asked angrily.

Aman laughed and said, "Come on Mrs. Jha....we came back after years and don't you want to meet us?"

All he remembers is a heated argument between Mr. And Mrs. Jha and Arnav chachu. At the end of the argument, Mr. Jha had took a gun from his socks and pointed at Arnav chachu. But Khushi mami had pushed Shyam and he had unfortunately pulled the trigger.

The bullet missed his target and hit his dear wife who was standing near Arnav mama.

And that was the end of Anjali Jha.

.

.

.

.

The clock said sharp 12 and she sat up on the bed looking at the round clock hanging at the wall but with her mind lost.

She looked at her left and saw her husband asleep. She smiled and ruffled his hairs. Even at 40s he still looks like a college boy not a father of 19 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.

Stepping on the floor, she walked to the balcony and looked at the night sky. Many images flashed onto her eyes.

She looked up and closing her eyes said, "May your soul rest in peace, my dear ex-husband!"

"You still have a softness while saying that" A voice said and she turned to see her son standing.

"Why are you here?" She asked confused.