Chapter 5

I was dreaming about my training. How gruesome it was. Sarutobi-sensei was pushing me through the training ground. His summon, Enma-sama was very cruel and his training regimen was pale in comparison to Mother. I was put through hell and back. Then, I felt something poked my cheek, I swatted it away. I was at the class laughing when Naruto used the obnoxious jutsu of his. Then I felt it again, something poked my cheeks and I swatted them.

"Go away..." I murmured but the pokes intensified.

"Oni-chan, you are going to be late for your test..." a voice said. The voice was interrupting my good sleep and I moaned it away

"Wait a minute," my thoughts snapped into reality. My eyes immediately shot open. I was late. I tried to move but my body made a cracking sound in protest. I groaned in pain--managed to rise eventually.

"Oni-chan, are you okay?" Hanabi asked. I said yes and stood up properly. As I stretched my body, the cracking sounds grew intense and I yawned.

"Hurry, Oni-chan! Onee-chan already left you," Hanabi continued. I hurriedly fetch my towels and ran to the bathroom.

I managed to not take much time preparing. I wore the same sleeveless jacket like the one I wore yesterday but with a black jumpsuit underneath to hide my bruises. I was sore all over due to the insane training regiment that Sarutobi-sensei had made me gone through. I had already tied my sandals properly when I have done my familiar forehead cloth. Hanabi came out to the porch I was sitting on with a slice of bread and a glass of milk.

"Thank you, Hanabi-chan. You're a lifesaver." I said while I was chewing the bread and she giggled as she watched me.

"I don't want to hear your stomach make that sound again. Make sure you eat lunch. Here, your bento. Onee-chan made extras." She said. I thanked her and immediately ran towards the Ninja Academy.
When I arrived at the class, I slid the doors open almost immediately.

"Sensei! I'm sorry that I am late," I yelled and immediately bowed. My classmates laughed at me and I rubbed the back of my head, grinning. I was prepared to face the consequences but Iruka surprised me with his smile.

"It's ok, Hikari. Your circumstances had already been explained by Hinata and your sensei. We haven't begun yet anyway. So, please come in and take your seat," he said. I noted that Iruka-sensei wouldn't mention who was my sensei but I understood that it will get me too much attention for it. I bowed and apologized once more before I took my seat beside Naruto.

"Good morning, Naruto," I greeted him and he grinned widely.

"Morning, Hikari!" He said.

"Aren't you a bit enthusiastic this morning?" I asked.

"I'm going to pass this and become the Hokage for sure, Dattebayyo!" I couldn't help but grin alongside him with good spirits. I noticed in the corner of my eyes that Hinata was twiddling her fingers and smiled fondly as Naruto said those words. If only Naruto knew how smitten her was at him.

"...to graduate; you'll have to do the Bunshin no Jutsu. When you're called, come to the next room," Iruka-sensei was explaining the examination as it turns out. Naruto grabbed both of his cheeks and gritted his teeth.

"Damn it..." he muttered. I deduced that this jutsu must have been difficult for him. I wanted to encourage him but I doubt that he would listen to a new student like mine.

"Hey, you are going to do better than me," I said but the way that he seem oblivious to my words made me chuckled.

I was called-in first before Hinata and when I entered the exam room, I saw another teacher besides Iruka-sensei. He was smiling widely like nothing could go wrong in his everyday life. It was unsettling. The smile took me back to the representative of the Land of That. He had the same smile. I couldn't fathom why but this man couldn't be trusted.