Chapter 24

Hikari's morning was interrupted by the bickering sound on the front balcony while he was in the shower. Hitori was having a heated argument with a violet spotted toad that was sitting on the pole.

"I don't care what your business is with my fiance. I don't want you or any of your kind invading our privacy. Get lost or I destroy Gama no Kuni right away," she threatens as she oozed out murderous intent. Knowing who she was, the toad was shaking in fear--dreading his decision to come here to this place without much thought and knowing that the Phoenix Sage lived here.

"My apologies, Phoenix Sage-sama but I do have an important message for him," the toad stuttered in fear. Hikari who was drying out his hair, went out to the balcony to see what was all those fusses were about.

"Hitori, he's a friend. Be nice now, would you?" the boy chided. The sage pouted before she stomped her way inside childishly. Hikari just had to laugh at her antics whilst the toad swallowed the bile that rose to his throat.

"Good morning, toad-san. She didn't like a stranger too much even more since yesterday's event. What is it that you have for me?" Hikari asked. The toad cleared his throat beforehand.

"Jiraiya-sama is to arrive this morning and he asked you to meet him at the Hokage Tower," the toad finished.

"Very well. Thank you, toad-san. Try to reach me outside of our home next time," the boy bowed at the toad and then he hurriedly went inside to dress up for the day after the toad was gone. He wore his recently received jounin attire with the Jukengi served as an overcoat.

"Hitori-san, I'm going out to meet Jiraiya-senpai and maybe the other senpai. I'll be back this evening, I think," Hikari shouted as he tied his Konoha headband on his forehead. Hitori merely shouted back in return from the bathroom. After he finished putting on his sandals, he went out immediately.

At the Hokage Tower

"I am amazed you were able to persuade her..." the councilman was speechless when he had seen it with his own eyes that Jiraiya had succeeded.

"Hah! A handsome devil like myself only needs his charm to persuade anyone! Gyahahahahaha!!!!" Jiraiya boisterously said as Naruto shot him an irritated look. Hikari, on the other hand, was arriving as they speak.

"Naruto! Jiraiya-senpai!! Welcome home!" the boy shouted while he was still in mid-air before he gracefully landed in front of the blond boy.

"Hikari!! I got loads to tell you, Dattebayyo!" Naruto immediately high-fived the white-eyed boy.

"I'm sure we can do it over a bowl of ramen," Hikari fondly said and then he turned to the remaining Konoha council members before he dipped his head to nod at them. "Good morning, councilman, councilwoman."

The way Hikari seemingly stood like an equal to the council members hadn't slipped the Sannins noticed and the way the council members replied in a respectful tone didn't help it either. Jiraiya and Tsunade were intrigued.

"So, this is our junior, huh? Jiraiya? I'm surprised that he took in a student after all this time," the prominent blonde-haired woman loudly said.

"Yes, ah, Hikari-kun! Let me introduce you. This is Senju Tsunade; your last senpai and the Godaime Hokage!" Jiraiya loudly announced, earning him a clock on the head by the said Hokage. The scene was eerily familiar that the two kids had shivered in fear. The woman was scary like Sakura. Recovered, Hikari bowed to greet the woman.

"Welcome home, Hokage-sama! My name is Hyuuga Hikari," the boy said and the blonde woman chuckled at his attitude.

"Glad you're are much polite than your idiot senpai here. You can call me senpai too, Hikari-kun," Tsunade said. Her voice was loud, clipped, authoritative and stern like she was used to commanding somebody. She should be as she was the one that changes Konoha's situation with the Third Shinobi War to the village's favor with the implementation of a medic-nin must be placed within each team and thus reducing the casualty rate substantially. The conversation was interrupted by the councilwoman who was reminding them of their task at hand.