Chapter 19

Third Person POV

It was a fine morning in Konoha despite the various bouts of rain for the past few days. It was business as usual for the civilians and shinobis alike. Sunagakure had issued a full surrender to Konohagakure after finding out that their Kazekage was murdered and replaced by Orochimaru that was manipulating them from the start. Both villages suffered the same loss of valuable military power and Konoha had accepted the surrender and they had begun mending their recently broken alliance. Konohagakure was steadily recovering despite the heavy damage done but in another shade of light, the casualties count would have been greater if it weren't for the two students of the late Hokage that came to the rescue and also the large phoenix that everyone seemed to talk endlessly about. People couldn't stop praising their heroism in the recent attack. Although Jiraiya had pretty much known to avoid unnecessary attention, Hikari didn't do well as most of his day was spent by showing his fiancé around the village. The people always greeted them if they had seen the couple passed by. Bashful as he always did, he mentioned that all of that wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the other Konoha ninjas. Hitori couldn't help but felt proud of her fiancé and gave him a peck on the cheeks whenever she had the chance. The people who saw it had their heart warmed by sights of such an act.

"Hikari-kun, I heard that there is a good Dango stall at the end of this park," Hitori said as she tightens her grip on Hikari's forearm.

"Hmm?! Dango? What's that?" Hikari asked, baffled by the potential nature of food befitting of such name. Hitori could only giggle at the boy and pulled him to follow her stride towards the said Dango shop. When they arrived there, Hikari feasted upon his eyes on a small, open, family-friendly shack. From the distance, he could already guess that it was a sweet shop judging by the inviting smell. Hikari was surprised to see his sensei, Kakashi was there with a couple of friends. They seemed to be arguing with each other as to why they decided to go there. Kakashi-sensei seemed to be expecting someone in this case.

"Not really, sometimes I stopped by to buy some stuff. Right now, I am meeting up with someone," Kakashi-sensei presented his case, "I'm waiting for Sasuke-kun. Oh, hey lovebirds!"

His friends must have thought that he was calling them the L-word when Hikari and Hitori came into their view, they were shocked to see the younger couple.

"Good Morning, Kakashi-sensei. Fancy seeing you here. Oh, where are my manners! Good morning sensei, my name is Hyuuga Hikari and this is my fiancé, Hitori," Hikari said before he bowed towards his sensei's friends. They smiled at the younger couple so fondly and the woman looked like she was brimming with happiness and glee. Hitori, being the shy one she was, hid behind Hikari immediately. The only thing that could be seen as the tiny section of her head was peeking at them. Hikari rubbed the back of his head and told them that she was just a shy person. The woman went ahead and held out a hand to Hitori.

"I'm Yuuhi Kurenai. Hinata's sensei. Welcome to Konoha, Hitori-chan. There's no need to be shy here, I hope you like it here," the famed genjutsu mistress said as the woman introduced herself. Hitori shooked her hand and went back behind Hikari in a flash.

"Pleasure to meet you and don't ever call me chan, I am older than all of you brats combined," Hitori monotonously said with a threatening tone. Hikari was immediately nervous at her words that might offend the other party but was shocked to see Kurenai-sensei went in and hugged Hitori as she rubs her cheek onto the golden-haired girl. Hitori's face went so red that she squealed in protest to no avail. All of them who were present let out a chuckle at the two girls. Who knew Kurenai had a soft spot for shy girls and Hitori had such weakness. It's no wonder that Hinata had been assigned to her care.

"I'm Sarutobi Asuma. I'm in charge of your classmates, the Ino-Shika-Cho trio," the other man said. Hikari had heard his name somewhere before.