Chapter 22

HIKARI'S POV

I was initially at the Torture and Investigation building trying to wiggle my way out of a therapy session that was prompted by Yamanaka Inoichi, Ino-chan's father. I was tricked to go there by Shikaku-sama early in the morning when I picked up my issued Jounin flak jacket. The former director of the TNI was quick to pick up my symptoms and immediately hit me with a set of questionnaires. We were regrettably at the highest point of tension in our session and the anger of my brain being poked around was close to a boiling point. It was then that I was suddenly engulfed in a cloud of smoke, I noticed that I had been summoned. Hitori had summoned me back to our home. I wonder why? A question that was answered immediately.

"Hika--"

I heard Hitori screaming for me but then she was muffled suddenly. When the smoke finally cleared, I saw them. Danzo was standing smugly as he looked over me. There were two masked shinobi accompanying him--one was forming a seal to stop Hitori's movement as intricate symbols were wrapping her body while the other one, an Aburame held out his hand and thousands of Kikaichu emerged out of his body and had engulfed us in a hemisphere of Kikaichu. In that instance, I knew that escape wasn't an option, so a fight was my only way out of that. I saw that her eyes were still frantic as her sights were set onto me. My fingers were balled into a shaky fist, fuming with anger that was still there from the therapy session previously.

"What is the meaning of this?" I asked as veins were showing around my Byakugan. Danzo even dared to laugh darkly at me.

"Your silly threats meant nothing to me boy. Do you think that a brat like you stood a chance against me? Every man has a pressure point even when the man seemingly claiming that he is the strongest shinobi. I'll be sure to destroy everything you hold dear until you are left to nothing but a shell of a human. Starting with this bratty girl," Danzo said and my anger had risen substantially as he had truly hit my pressure point but then the most dreaded thing happened.

The sound it made when it made contact with her skin was a sledgehammer towards my shrill shard of sanity. The sight of the katana piercing through her chest was a deep, bloodied gash on my throbbing heart and mind. The blood that was pouring was my very last ounce of consciousness watered away as I screamed in agony. Something inside of my head had popped and all that I could see now was a pulsating red tint that was shading my sights that was gnawing on my consciousness. A booming chuckle could be heard around me. At some point, we had been transported away from the Hyuuga Forest but that had slipped off my mind entirely. Something else had taken helm of my body and I was at the passengger seat. I did not incline to do, feel or say anything apart from the scorching pain of grief, wrath, and loneliness.

"Emotion is a weakness, Hikari-kun. That will only hinder your ability as a ROOT. Don't worry, when I am done with you, you will be a doting servant of mine in no time," a dark-haired man was devilishly chuckling at me. I should have recognized the man's voice but my ears were ringing too loud that it fueled my anger more. My body unconsciously went forward to thrust a fist at the voice. With an explosion of blood and flesh, his entire left limb was incinerated.

"It seemed that I had underestimated your strength and speed. But no matter," the man gritted as he tore away his robe and bandages revealing his right side that was filled with red eyes. One of the eyes closed as his previously lost limb had miraculously returned. Fist upon fist was exchanged and he kept restoring his lost body parts until one of his wind jutsu managed to cut me diagonally across my torso and I roared in pain.

"Izanagi, the power to rewrite reality in exchange for one's sight. A miracle power bestowed upon the Uchihas. Suits me well, don't you think? Honestly, I think this jutsu is way too overpowered to only be able to use by the Uchihas. I've always wanted a Hyuuga in ROOT but that damn Hiashi wouldn't even let any of his people come near me until you came along. His people were wise enough to keep away from me. That said, never knew that a Hyuuga could be lost to such hatred," the man bragged and I was still too angry to reply that I merely grunted at his words.