Chapter 7

A/N: Song: "Here" by Alessia Cara

Matt's Pov:

By the time we arrived at the party it's already in full swing. People are making out like there's no tomorrow and "dancing" (more like grinding on each other to be honest), others are playing games like truth or dare, or never have I ever... 

Macy and John pull me to the kitchen and immediately give me something to drink- I don't really like alcoholic drinks so I just carefully sip on my dring (which I think is peach vodka). Just ten minutes in and Macy's boyfriend, Ethan, already found us, immediately pulling her to the dance floor. 

"And then there were two," John says and I laugh.

The party kinda went like that, just John and I socializing with a few people in the kitchen. We've been like that for about two hours, when a girl comes up to John and asks him to dance. He looks at me as if asking for permission, because I can see he wants to go but doesn't want to ditch me. I also don't want him to go, seeing as they DID invite me but, I also don't want to be THAT friend, that stops your best friend from having a random hook up, so I just nod my head and then look at the group of people around me and assure him it's fine.

I stand there for a while until I get bored and go look around the house for a more secluded area, seeing as this party is way out of my comfort zone and I really just want to go home and watch a movie or read a book and relax. 

As I walk around the house, I come across  a cute garden in the back, nothing big but it's definitely not small and you can see by the garden of flowers that whoever it belongs to, is very dedicated to the flowers.

I lay in the grass, finally relaxing a bit and look at the dark sky. There aren't many stars seeing as we live in the city, but it's still peacefull, and even better with the sound of the music kind of like a background sound, it's actually quite a nice night - not very cold, not very hot. Just good.

Suddenly I feel a presence beside and I'm soon looking into the emerald green eyes,  eyes the colour of deep forest pools and of freshly cut grass. The eyes of none other than Leo Bryant. And he's staring right at me too, eyes fixated on mine.

"Not enjoying the party?" he asks-

"It's not that, it's just that parties aren't really my thing," I answer. " And my friends kind of ditched me for their respective partners and I didn't want to be THAT friend that stops them from having fun, so I went looking for a quiet place, hence why I'm here."

"Quite the story,hm...?"

"Yeah..."

And then we just sit there, silently. It's not awkward like you'd expect it to be, but then he breaks the silence.

"You wanna get outta here, you know, get some food or something?" He asks. He looks kinda nervous, by the way he's scratching the back of his neck. I don't know why he'd be nervous though...

"Y-yeah, sure, I could eat," I answer.

Then he got up and offered me his hand to help me stand up too. After that I told him I had to find my friends and he told me he would just wait outside.

I looked around for a while, looking for either Macy or John, but Macy wasn't anywhere to be seen. Probably off in some dark corner making out with Ethan- I swear those guys are like bunnies when they're drunk. There is such a thing as too much PDA. 

Anyway, after looking around for awhile a little longer I found John on the supposed dance floor dancing with the same girl that talked to him in the kitchen. I just noticed, but she's actually really pretty. I don't she goes to our school - at least I've never seen her before. She's not exactly thin, to be honest, the best word to describe her would have to be thicc. She's got pretty blonde hair with pink highlights and I think her eyes are around a brownish color. 

I feel kinda bad interrupting them, but I can't leave without telling John or he'll get like crazy worried. So I tap him on the shoulder to get his attention and he turns around.

"Hey, so umm, I'm kinda bored so I'm just gonna go... but you stay, I have a ride," I say.

He looks at me kinda funny and then asks: "Are you sure it's ok? I can drop you off"

"No, it's fine. Also you look like you're having fun," I answer and wave at the girl he was dancing with. She waves back, but looks kind of awkward, shifting from one foot to another. 

"Yeah, ok, well I'll see you tomorrow. I'll drop by in the afternoon. Actually, make that the evening, I'll probably be sleeping all day," he says and I laugh. That's John for you. He really likes his sleep.  

Before I leave I turn to him and say:" Also, I don't know where Macy is, but she's probably somewhere off with Ethan sucking faces, so... just so you know." 

And with that, I wave him goodbye and leave and go outside to look around for Leo.

He's standing by a tree next to the fence, so I tap him on the shoulder to get his attention. Then he turns around and I'm immediatly mesmerized by his green eyes. Like for real, how can eyes be that green and that pretty?? I just wanna keep looking at them forever.

I let my eyes travel to the rest of his face, with his sharp jaw line and high cheekbones, the tip of his nose is a little pink from the chilly night air. His air is fluffy and I really wanna touch it and run my fingers through it endlessly. Lastly I let my eyes trail to his lips, oh man, those lips! I really wanna kiss them, or just touch them, I'd be happy with either one of those choices.

Then I look back up at his eyes and start blushing and quickly look down because I realize he just saw me checking him out...great!