Chapter 27

Matt's POV:

One month. One month without Leo and I feel like a piece of me is missing. I feel so empty, that everyday, everyday, I wonder why I broke up with him in the first place.

And not to mention I was slightly disappointed the first time in weeks when I didn't see a random note or drawing waiting for me in my locker. But I can't be selfish. After all, he's only doing what I asked him to do. Why that makes me love him more? I have no clue.

But then the picture of him kissing Laurel comes to my mind again and I feel the pain again. And maybe it's better if we break now and that if he does break up with me in a year because he found someone better than me is gonna definitely break me.

But seeing him in the hallways and not being able to touch him is almost impossible. Or the fact that I have to ignore him and avoid him at all costs because he keeps trying to convince me that we can work things out and telling me how much he misses me almost makes me want to hug him and never let him go. 

And let's not talk about the fact that now that the school realised that we're broken up, girls have taken that as a sign that Leo is available for flirting again. I mean, they're not wrong, I was the one breaking up with him, so it shouldn't affect me, but it does. It hurts so much. Too much. It almost breaks me.

Macy and John have told me that maybe I made a mistake, but as my best friends they still support me and gave me their shoulders to cry on and the times I found myself alone this month were rare, seeing as neither of them left me alone. 

But tomorrow, Sunday, comes a day I've been dreading and I'm trying not to think too much about, so I drowned myself with work at the café, because that way my mind is at least occupied with something and the extra money is always a bonus, so that was my solution. 

"Matt, your shift is over, you can go, I'll finish closing up with Lily," Mrs. Adams, my boss, tells me.

"Are you sure? I can help," I insist.

"Yes, I'm sure, go, I'll see you next week."

I also asked for tomorrow off, I know I won't be able to concentrate, so there's no point coming to work. Also, Mrs. Adams knows why and she was more than supportive about my decision.

So I go home, alone, where Chris is waiting for me with Mrs. Pemberton and Oliver. At least I'll always have Chris, even when he's not that aware of what's going on.

Usually it takes sometime for me to get home from work, but today it seemed like no more than a few seconds. Probably because I can't stop thinking about everything going on in my head. Not only what comes with tomorrow, but also the fact that I don't have Leo with me anymore. I feel like that would make things slightly better, a shoulder to cry on. And I know I have Macy, John, Harry and even Mike or Mrs. Pemberton, but there was just something slightly more comforting about Leo's shoulder.

I'm slightly surprised to find a strange car parked in front of my house. Obviously, I panic a little at firsti mean there's a strange car parked in my driveway, but it calms me down once I see Carter coming out of the car.

Wait, what? What in the world is Carter doing here? He's literally the last person I expected to see at my doorstep. Well, maybe I wouldn't expect Laurel. Well, now that I think about she's actually capable of coming here to threaten me or something, we never know. She's kinda nuts.

"Hey," I greet Carter after getting out of the car.

"Hi," he answers, slightly awkwardly, which is saying something 'cause Carter rarely shows afection other than boredom. "You're probably wondering why I'm standing in front of your house like a weirdo stalker. Harry told me where you live, I hope you don't mind."